Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] - Nineteen Eighty-Four (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Okay, but serious talk now.

 

We don't know what power roles are in the game, but there's definitely a vig, although I assume the 'even night' means there can't be a vig kill this round. Regardless, it's best for the vig to listen to the Town's wishes and not go solo trying to pick off the mafia - that more often than not leads to dead townies. Same goes for all power roles - don't play as an individual and pick randomly. Listen to the Town's collective wishes and pay attention to the lynch result (we get to see it first, in this game format) when choosing your target. And leave breadcrumbs in the thread, so if you get lynched we can re-read your posts and understand who you tracked, etc.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Okay, but serious talk now.

 

We don't know what power roles are in the game, but there's definitely a vig, although I assume the 'even night' means there can't be a vig kill this round. Regardless, it's best for the vig to listen to the Town's wishes and not go solo trying to pick off the mafia - that more often than not leads to dead townies. Same goes for all power roles - don't play as an individual and pick randomly. Listen to the Town's collective wishes and pay attention to the lynch result (we get to see it first, in this game format) when choosing your target. And leave breadcrumbs in the thread, so if you get lynched we can re-read your posts and understand who you tracked, etc.

Disagree.

 

The vig should do what they think is right. They should listen to what the town is saying, sure, but it is ultimately their decision to target someone.

 

We have enough difficulty choosing whom to lynch lately, and when we do we're wrong too often.

 

The town is usually better off when the vig follows their gut. I'd like to play risky and let the specials do their thing because they're uniquely situated to understanding what the right play is.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, 112 said:

Disagree.

 

The vig should do what they think is right. They should listen to what the town is saying, sure, but it is ultimately their decision to target someone.

 

We have enough difficulty choosing whom to lynch lately, and when we do we're wrong too often.

 

The town is usually better off when the vig follows their gut. I'd like to play risky and let the specials do their thing because they're uniquely situated to understanding what the right play is.

I'd say it depends on what state of the game we're in. In the early game Vig should probably follow the town since there are more of us and the Mafia wouldn't step out of line too much for fear of putting the spotlight on them.

 

Later game ( if the Vig is still alive) the gut feelings are probably stronger as there is more to base it on and by then the proportion of Mafia in the player population is highest

 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, 112 said:

Disagree.

 

The vig should do what they think is right. They should listen to what the town is saying, sure, but it is ultimately their decision to target someone.

 

We have enough difficulty choosing whom to lynch lately, and when we do we're wrong too often.

 

The town is usually better off when the vig follows their gut. I'd like to play risky and let the specials do their thing because they're uniquely situated to understanding what the right play is.

How? They're as clueless as anyone.

 

Obviously if the vig is absolutely certain they know a scum, go for it. But if it's an early round shot-in-the-dark, why would we want someone trusting their 'gut feeling'? If the town is debating between two or three candidates, then the vig can just choose one rather than someone random who is probably town. Especially in a format like this, where we get to see the lynch results before special actions need to be submitted, the Vig should take careful note of how the lynchee flips and make a decision based on that more than anything.

Link to comment

Also,

 

7 minutes ago, 112 said:

Disagree.

 

The vig should do what they think is right. They should listen to what the town is saying, sure, but it is ultimately their decision to target someone.

 

We have enough difficulty choosing whom to lynch lately, and when we do we're wrong too often.

 

The town is usually better off when the vig follows their gut. I'd like to play risky and let the specials do their thing because they're uniquely situated to understanding what the right play is.

Of course we are (in the early game). It's hard to nail a scum right away when there's a lot of suspects and little or no info. But at least a lynch debate/vote/wagon gives us something to go on. A random vig kill that takes out a random townie gives us zilch.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

How? They're as clueless as anyone.

 

Obviously if the vig is absolutely certain they know a scum, go for it. But if it's an early round shot-in-the-dark, why would we want someone trusting their 'gut feeling'? If the town is debating between two or three candidates, then the vig can just choose one rather than someone random who is probably town. Especially in a format like this, where we get to see the lynch results before special actions need to be submitted, the Vig should take careful note of how the lynchee flips and make a decision based on that more than anything.

When I'm the vig, I have a better intuition into who's mafia based on how people are talking about specials and what they're saying the vig should do. The vig is more 'in the know' than most other players. I usually get some solid reads just by examining these things and various softclaims when there are any.

 

I guess it's not one or the other on how the vig should play (trust their gut vs go with the consensus) but is more dependent on the context as WW suggested.

 

Mostly I'm just poking you, though.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Also,

 

Of course we are (in the early game). It's hard to nail a scum right away when there's a lot of suspects and little or no info. But at least a lynch debate/vote/wagon gives us something to go on. A random vig kill that takes out a random townie gives us zilch.

Not really responding to your point here, just a suggestion your post made me think of, but the vig could also submit no kill if they're struggling to find a solid target. I've had good success with this strategy before and it couod be clutch in a smaller game.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, 112 said:

Mostly I'm just poking you, though.

Poke 112. :angry:

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, 112 said:

Not really responding to your point here, just a suggestion your post made me think of, but the vig could also submit no kill if they're struggling to find a solid target. I've had good success with this strategy before and it couod be clutch in a smaller game.

Oh, yeah, I agree. But how many Vigs would willingly do that? I would, you would, I know BW did one time. But most can't resist the temptation. :lol:

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...