The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Acquiring Nylander

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Kapanen and Holl  plus a second for Tanev 

Holl is not much younger than Tanev with minimal NHL experience...2 games last year. He has little value imo. Kapanen doesnt have a ton of value either. This deal would not make me want JB to pull the trigger AND I am a PRO trade Tanev person...if the deal is right that is!

2 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

toronto needs tanev more than van needs nylander. 

TO would love to have both Tanev and Guddy.  Their defence is all offence, and no defence.  We don’t need WM.  We have Goldy, and Baer, who play a very similar game.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

TO would love to have both Tanev and Guddy.  Their defence is all offence, and no defence.  We don’t need WM.  We have Goldy, and Baer, who play a very similar game.  

If Goldy can continue to play well and if Dahlen can impress and jump up to the NHL this year or next full time. I think its going to leave Baer as trade bait at some point.

I would love for us to somehow use Baer as part of a deal to get Boone Jenner, but doubt Columbus bites 

If we are to trade Tanev to Toronto I would rather it was for K.Kapenen, A. Nielson and A. Borgman and a pick (2nd would be nice but a 3rd more likely). We get a good player in Kapenen who is odd man out, Nielsen who is big, tough and has some offence as well and Borgman who has off. upside as well. We could also add a Hainsey and Poulliot swap in there to help cap space out for them but not sure they would go that big.

25 minutes ago, JAVA-1 said:

If we are to trade Tanev to Toronto I would rather it was for K.Kapenen, A. Nielson and A. Borgman and a pick (2nd would be nice but a 3rd more likely). We get a good player in Kapenen who is odd man out, Nielsen who is big, tough and has some offence as well and Borgman who has off. upside as well. We could also add a Hainsey and Poulliot swap in there to help cap space out for them but not sure they would go that big.

Kapanen is the only okay piece in that deal. TO would run away with that trade. I wouldnt want us to make that deal, but thats me

6 hours ago, Dungass said:

Sounds suspiciously like the 2018 version of Ballard, Raymond and 3rd.  

No no no, it's Ballard, Raymond, and a 1st!

But our 1sts are a little more valuable these days so please don't trade our 1st to Toronto. :(

Why Vancouver shouldn’t chase Nylander article

I believe the Canucks could benefit from a Nylander trade. But when I read the article, I was struck by two things.

First, I never thought of offersheeting Nylander as that would cost the Canucks dearly including firsts in a rebuild. I am even more against offersheeting Nylander now.

The other part is what it would cost to get holdout-Nylander; definitely a first round pick (see above), and either Hughes. Both items are deal breakers. Dahlén is highly likely going to replace Goldobin when he’s ready and the Canucks will have a new Swedish dynamic duo. 

Which leaves is with Juolevi. I have a strong feeling that Juolevi will make the NHL as a T4D. Beyond that I would be surprised. I could see Juolevi be part of such a deal. 

However, the talk on Nylander is that his dad feels like he got screwed when he was an NHLer and so he’s guiding his son in the same direction when really, the only solution to the Nylander camp and any team he’s on, is a bridge contract.

Asked a few Leafs fans about a Tanev for Nylander trade and they JUMP. at the idea.

The question is, can daddy Nylander be managed.

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Why Vancouver shouldn’t chase Nylander article

I believe the Canucks could benefit from a Nylander trade. But when I read the article, I was struck by two things.

First, I never thought of offersheeting Nylander as that would cost the Canucks dearly including firsts in a rebuild. I am even more against offersheeting Nylander now.

The other part is what it would cost to get holdout-Nylander; definitely a first round pick (see above), and either Hughes. Both items are deal breakers. Dahlén is highly likely going to replace Goldobin when he’s ready and the Canucks will have a new Swedish dynamic duo. 

Which leaves is with Juolevi. I have a strong feeling that Juolevi will make the NHL as a T4D. Beyond that I would be surprised. I could see Juolevi be part of such a deal. 

However, the talk on Nylander is that his dad feels like he got screwed when he was an NHLer and so he’s guiding his son in the same direction when really, the only solution to the Nylander camp and any team he’s on, is a bridge contract.

Asked a few Leafs fans about a Tanev for Nylander trade and they JUMP. at the idea.

The question is, can daddy Nylander be managed.

If the Leafs thought WM was a core piece on a Cup team they would have already come to a long term deal.  Clearly the Leafs don’t see WM as a part of a Cup team.  I don’t think we should go for such a player.

Archived