The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - 2018 Canucks' Young Stars Tournament

xereau

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Why is QH not coming?

I’m sure it’s been a topic already discussed, but I’ve not paid attention this summer. 

He's going back to Michigan to play in the NCAA which means he's clearly not wanting to be a Canuck and will leave to sign with another team once his rookie contract expires. 

Am I doing it right? :lol:

43 minutes ago, Kushman said:

He's going back to Michigan to play in the NCAA which means he's clearly not wanting to be a Canuck and will leave to sign with another team once his rookie contract expires. 

Am I doing it right? :lol:

He's decided that NCAA hasn't been crapped on hard enough by Canucks prospects, so he's going to finish the job.

7 hours ago, wildcam said:

I would add gritty talented Lind with Pettersson for 2 games against Jet rookies..

Dahlen - Pettersson - Lind

Gadjovich - Gaudette - Jasek

Eggenberger - MacEwen -Palmu

I really like the top two lines...

Lind didn’t play all that great when he had his little stint in the A last year but Jasek killed it also Palmu has some chemistry with his old buddy Gadj.

15 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Lind didn’t play all that great when he had his little stint in the A last year but Jasek killed it also Palmu has some chemistry with his old buddy Gadj.

Lind did looked like a kid who had just bumped up a level during his AHL stint but he killed it at last year's tournament. I'd put him and Pettersson together and just watch goals pile up. 

7 hours ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

These three months without hockey seemed like an eternity. Excited to see the prospects on Friday. Do you guys know if it is going to be streamed anywhere? 

welcome pal. I'm new to the cdc too. going to be a great season. excited to be apart of this new "team' too. Looking forward to pre and post game chats! 

6 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

I am curious as to how he will do. He is eligible for the Draft next season. 6'2 188lbs. Good size and good shot. Not sure about the skating though

Funny, I was just reading up on 'ol Nando when I noticed your message.  Apparently he's a very good skater (not elite), has great vision and an impressive work ethic.  I've read a few other scouting reports that have similar analysis.

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/06/13/nando-eggenberger-scouting-report-2018-nhl-draft-75/

50 minutes ago, Dr.BRR said:

welcome pal. I'm new to the cdc too. going to be a great season. excited to be apart of this new "team' too. Looking forward to pre and post game chats! 

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm hoping this year things get better for this team. Sure, mate! I'm looking forward to the be part of good discussions in this forum :)

32 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Looks like there are a lot of new CDC members come on board lately, myself included. Lots of varied opinions on just about every subject to argue and debate in a respectful way makes it a fun and enjoyable experience.

Yes! I absolutely agree. I've been following CDC for some years now, but never got courageous enough to be a member until now (mostly because I thought my hockey lnowledge wasn't even close on a par with some veteran members). But for sure, thisis going to be a nice experience :D

13 minutes ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm hoping this year things get better for this team. Sure, mate! I'm looking forward to the be part of good discussions in this forum :)

Yes! I absolutely agree. I've been following CDC for some years now, but never got courageous enough to be a member until now (mostly because I thought my hockey lnowledge wasn't even close on a par with some veteran members). But for sure, thisis going to be a nice experience :D

I have been a lurker on these boards a long time.  Just decided to start putting my own opinion out there more recently.

8 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Why is QH not coming?

I’m sure it’s been a topic already discussed, but I’ve not paid attention this summer. 

My understanding is that in the NCAA you Cannot recieve any sort of payment or help or accommodations otherwise you are considered a professional and disqualified from the NCAA.

Training camp they have to pay their own way there, to stay there, their food, everything.

Some can afford to, some can't. 

He already did it once this summer, maybe he can't do it again.

Or if his NCAA team is already training or practicing he may straight up not be allowed.

I'm sure someone like SID.IS.ME

could tell us exactly.

He is the resident prospect guru

1 hour ago, Dr.BRR said:

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Looks like there are a lot of new CDC members come on board lately, myself included. Lots of varied opinions on just about every subject to argue and debate in a respectful way makes it a fun and enjoyable experience.

26 minutes ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

9 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

I have been a lurker on these boards a long time.  Just decided to start putting my own opinion out there more recently.

Welcome to all the new posters. Don’t forget to check out White Noise here.

Please do not listen to 650 or 1040 or read the Province, Canucks Army, HF Boards or the Athletic and you should be good!

Archived