The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Nurse won't attend Oilers camp without contract

MikeBossy

Oh boy. Dont blame him as there are millions at risk if an injury happens. Chia is a complete idiot. That contract he gave Russell for no good reason is biting him in the ass. Why should Nurse take anything less than what Russell got. Heck the cap has even gone up a lot since then. Crappy team up against the cap. So glad it's the Coilers. 

Nurse has so much potential, but simply hasn't accomplished much. He should be signing a bridge deal for his sake and the team, so I'm not sure what the hold up is really. If he's looking for 5+ million, then it better be for max term and hope he get his game to another level, but I think at that point, I might just consider trading him.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nurse gets a contract like that young Dman just got in Calgary?  Was it around 5 x 7?  

Ya I was thinking that as well. Hanafin has had better point totals. But Nurse had a real good year last year. Pains me to say it but I liked his game last year. I hope the Oilers do something stupid like trade him. If it's a bridge deal and Nurse keeps improving I'm not sure the Coilers can afford him. Edit. I will say it again the Russell contract was a stupid, stupid decision by Chia.

Archived