The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Nurse won't attend Oilers camp without contract

MikeBossy

17 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

No way in hell am I okay with giving up Lind. Lind is going to be a solid player. 

He might be? So might Dahlen and personally, I have him rated higher than Lind.

I'm not in the trade Lind bandwagon by any means. The more prospects, the better. But you have to give to get and Nurse will be better than Tanev when he hits his prime. Players like that are worth their weight in gold.

So it's easy to say "I wouldn't trade (name any of our top 10 prospects) because they're going to be a solid player". I could say that about any one of our prospects and get a handful of likes on CDC. After all, we're rebuilding and stocking piling good prospects should be our #1 goal. But Nurse ain't coming cheap, so what WOULD you trade?

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Interesting proposal. Would definitely take Muzzin if this is the scenario and makes sense for the team whose window should be now, it'll depend on what those picks and prospects are and like you said, LA needs to get younger too and may not watch to give up those picks and prospects as well. I think the biggest issue is they probably could use Muzzin/Martinez along with Nurse. They may as well hope for the bigger reward of Nurse taking the next step. I think they need to find a way to move RNH for a respectable dman.

I would wonder if Edmonton would consider a Sutter, Tanev/Gudbranson and Pouliot for RNH and Nurse type of deal. Cap-wise would offset a bit but Edmonton saves a bit while filling out their roster and shores up the defensive side of their team. They get the vets that are cap-friendly to help win now and Pouliot may have some offensive potential they could tap into. We gain a 2nd line center and a dman that can replace Edler hopefully or at least a top 4 guy similar to Gudbranson. I see Gudbranson as where Nurse is at currently and Gudbranson makes 4 million a year which is how much I think Nurse should be worth right now if signed long term. I think no more than 3 million a year on a bridge would be best for Edmonton and even Nurse.

I doubt RNH gets moved. He shifted to wing last season, and showed a lot of chemistry with McDavid towards the end. That allowed them to move Draisaitl to the 2nd line, and spread out the scoring. 

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

I doubt RNH gets moved. He shifted to wing last season, and showed a lot of chemistry with McDavid towards the end. That allowed them to move Draisaitl to the 2nd line, and spread out the scoring. 

Well Hall also had chemistry with McDavid and was dealt. It's moreso to do with shedding the 6 million in cap over the next 3 years. They're tight against the cap which is what is likely holding back the Oilers from easily signing Nurse. Also a reason why it's a gamble for them to sign Nurse at 5+ if he doesn't have another level to his game. They have to deal with re-signing Puljujarvi, so it'll depend on what kind of season he has and also they have no goalies signed for next season, so either they look for a budget option or will likely have to give Talbot a raise and find a back-up.

They have other options than moving RNH, but it'll be the easiest to get value for, but I'm sure Chia would botch it.

3 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I'm not in the trade Lind bandwagon by any means. The more prospects, the better. But you have to give to get and Nurse will be better than Tanev when he hits his prime. Players like that are worth their weight in gold.

So it's easy to say "I wouldn't trade (name any of our top 10 prospects) because they're going to be a solid player". I could say that about any one of our prospects and get a handful of likes on CDC. After all, we're rebuilding and stocking piling good prospects should be our #1 goal. But Nurse ain't coming cheap, so what WOULD you trade?

Lind has a lot of potential, but I'm predicting a middle 6 type player of the Higgins mold. He could be much better or he could fizzle out to nothing. But based on my projection, I'll take Nurse who's likely a top 4 dman on most teams if Lind is the cost. Dmen are generally always more valuable than wingers.

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Surprised it has gone this late.   

Nurse could be that kid, see Doughty, that will demand his max payday, at every negotiation.

And right now Edmonton is very weak on D. He also has leverage.

But only so much?  Trouba in Winnipeg had perhaps less leverage. And was not successful using RFA to either get traded a few years ago, nor a roaring big long term deal. At the end of the day Edmonton holds Darnell's rights. And Darnell Nurse is also not as good as Doughty, or Trouba for that matter.   

Looks good on this team which has hogged top draft picks for way too long. I kind of get some enjoyment of watching them "give away" top draft picks for nothing. And to think some CDCers want to follow this route of "one more" top draft pick in the road to rebuild. :lol:

Its Nurse this year and Poolparty next year, let them squirm. 

They are in our division and we do not need to be doing them any favors what so ever. 

PASS!

4 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Nothing, I don't want Nurse. Simple as that. 

Past 1.5 yrs, have made some critical threads on Chia-pet. Poorly dealt with their contracts/young assets. Trubs REALLY started with that 1st to NYI/for Rhino debacle(was that his own gaffe?..forget). I don't like the Coil(so fine with all this)..but imagine if they had the Barzal pick too?!

Can't resist donning my GM's cap, to upset the unwashed masses from my armchair...

VAN: Baertschi, Granlund, Goldobin, Hutton.  About 8.5 mill AAV(I would retain a mill on Hutt, if Necc)

EDM: Nurse & Kack Zassian(about 7, or 7.5 mill? after signing)

Roster:

Leipsic Bo Boeser

EP Sutter Eriksson

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Gaunce Beagle Kassian

depth: Gags, Schaller

Edler - Gudbranson

Nurse - Tanev

MDZ - Stecher

Poul - Bulldog

Our future wings are mostly in Utica, anywhoo. We can deal from our excess of decent fwds. It's Edm's weakness. They also only have 44 contracts.

This roster doesn't get pushed around. Tired of the M*A*S*H* theme.

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Past 1.5 yrs, have made some critical threads on Chia-pet. Poorly dealt with their contracts/young assets. Trubs REALLY started with that 1st to NYI/for Rhino debacle(was that his own gaffe?..forget). I don't like the Coil(so fine with all this)..but imagine if they had the Barzal pick too?!

Can't resist donning my GM's cap, to upset the unwashed masses from my armchair...

VAN: Baertschi, Granlund, Goldobin, Hutton.  About 8.5 mill AAV(I would retain a mill on Hutt, if Necc)

EDM: Nurse & Kack Zassian(about 7, or 7.5 mill? after signing)

Roster:

Leipsic Bo Boeser

EP Sutter Eriksson

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Gaunce Beagle Kassian

depth: Gags, Schaller

Edler - Gudbranson

Nurse - Tanev

MDZ - Stecher

Poul - Bulldog

Our future wings are mostly in Utica, anywhoo. We can deal from our excess of decent fwds. It's Edm's weakness. They also only have 44 contracts.

This roster doesn't get pushed around. Tired of the M*A*S*H* theme.

Yip. Correct. Chia made the Reinhart deal......and people complain about JB. 

6 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Welcome to cdc. My fave FF story is the one where Juice one-punched him in the parking lot. 

Is there any other FF story? I feel as though if a book was written about him, that would be the forward. The rest of the book would be about Sergei's career.

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Nurse could be that kid, see Doughty, that will demand his max payday, at every negotiation.

And right now Edmonton is very weak on D. He also has leverage.

But only so much?  Trouba in Winnipeg had perhaps less leverage. And was not successful using RFA to either get traded a few years ago, nor a roaring big long term deal. At the end of the day Edmonton holds Darnell's rights. And Darnell Nurse is also not as good as Doughty, or Trouba for that matter.   

If he wants more than $3.5 per season they are screwed on cap...so they NEED him to bridge on a year deal less than that.   IF he doesn't, and insists on a longer term and money in the $4.5 to $5 range (which he has comparables to use), then they need to drop someone significant before the season starts.

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Well Hall also had chemistry with McDavid and was dealt. It's moreso to do with shedding the 6 million in cap over the next 3 years. They're tight against the cap which is what is likely holding back the Oilers from easily signing Nurse. Also a reason why it's a gamble for them to sign Nurse at 5+ if he doesn't have another level to his game. They have to deal with re-signing Puljujarvi, so it'll depend on what kind of season he has and also they have no goalies signed for next season, so either they look for a budget option or will likely have to give Talbot a raise and find a back-up.

They have other options than moving RNH, but it'll be the easiest to get value for, but I'm sure Chia would botch it.

Lucic at 7x6mil made more sense? They went and signed him immediately after trading Hall if I recall correctly.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Lucic at 7x6mil made more sense? They went and signed him immediately after trading Hall if I recall correctly.

I think for some twisted reason, he thought Lucic would be a viable replacement for Hall. In his head, he would lose a top 6 forward to get a top 4 Dman. Then gain, another top 6 forward back again in Lucic. 

11 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

I think for some twisted reason, he thought Lucic would be a viable replacement for Hall. In his head, he would lose a top 6 forward to get a top 4 Dman. Then gain, another top 6 forward back again in Lucic. 

Definitely the more logical reason to trade Hall, opposed to saving 6mil. Since he didn't actually save any money.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

The context of the conversation was for the Oilers to trade RNH to save cap space or at least spread that cap out for more pieces to build a proper team. The chemistry with Hall part was in response to them possibly wanting to keep RNH because he developed chemistry with McDavid as his winger, so it's not quite a reach to suggest that they could trade RNH.

1 hour ago, Losing With Pride said:

It seem to remember an interview with him eluding to that. What a clown.

Archived