The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mac Miller dead at 26

thejazz97

15 hours ago, canuktravella said:

never heard of him  maybe dont do to much blow. 

90s rap  is only good rap  today stuff is garbage 

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Oldheads like you ready to bash any new artist without even listening to one song. Nobody gives a $&!# about Eminem or Tupac or whoever anymore.

42 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Oldheads like you ready to bash any new artist without even listening to one song. Nobody gives a $&!# about Eminem or Tupac or whoever anymore.

Naw it's a reasonable opinion and in general I agree with him, but this isn't the right place to be having that debate.  No reason to trash an artist in their obituary.  Given there was a biopic about 2pac released recently, it's safe to assume plenty do still care though.

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Naw it's a reasonable opinion and in general I agree with him, but this isn't the right place to be having that debate.  No reason to trash an artist in their obituary.  Given there was a biopic about 2pac released recently, it's safe to assume plenty do still care though.

And they are all 35+

Sure some people care, but they aren't the mainstream anymore. Music culture today is DOMINATED by modern rap/trap 

Why every generation before gotta trash the next generation like they learned nothing. I don't get it

41 minutes ago, Baer. said:

And they are all 35+

Sure some people care, but they aren't the mainstream anymore. Music culture today is DOMINATED by modern rap/trap 

Why every generation before gotta trash the next generation like they learned nothing. I don't get it

maybe your generation will be the first to not bash the next one.  

As an "old head", I like rap from every generation.  There was some garbage rap in the 90s, and there is some garbage rap now.  Too bad for Mac, it's not safe to use any street drugs anymore.

3 hours ago, Baer. said:

You don't know what you're talking about either. 

I am an old head (even though I'm 26) and love 80's-90's jams as well as new stuff like Mac, but saying nobody cares about the greats anymore is ridiculous. 

Good hiphop is good hiphop. You're both wrong for thinking your era of hiphop is the only good one. 

2 hours ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

maybe your generation will be the first to not bash the next one.  

As an "old head", I like rap from every generation.  There was some garbage rap in the 90s, and there is some garbage rap now.  Too bad for Mac, it's not safe to use any street drugs anymore.

Well put. However his drug of choice wasn't a street drug. It was lean, and he was battling addiction with it since 2012. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:53 PM, canuktravella said:

never heard of him  maybe dont do to much blow. 

90s rap  is only good rap  today stuff is garbage 

That is so inaccurate its not even funny. Sure, the mainstream mumble rap garbage sucks but there is so much good hip hop out there its ridiculous.

Literally everybody who knew him/met him said nice things about him. He really developed over his past couple of albums. He always seemed very shy and anxious in interviews and media appearances. Too bad. He had a lot of forward momentum, too, post Ariana Grande (which media has really taken a weird and unhealthy spotlight on this past year). His clothing line is also very stylish and cool. Scott Darling is his doppelganger (prove me wrong). RIP. Too young, street drugs and lean are WHACK. 

21 hours ago, Down by the River said:

My favorite part of CDC is when somebody dies and posters think that saying "Who?" or "Didn't care for their music/acting/politics/whatever". The fact that some people think that this is a worthwhile comment to make says much more about them than it does the deceased. 

What?

13 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

That is so inaccurate its not even funny. Sure, the mainstream mumble rap garbage sucks but there is so much good hip hop out there its ridiculous.

People that say that there is no good music anymore (regardless of genre) are just those that are dependent on mainstream media to tell them what music they should listen to. There is such a wide variety of music that is available these days, you just have to make a small effort to go find it. 

22 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Beginning to understand how you've managed 18k posts. Keep up the great work. 

Ok..you’re right.  I’ll just feign compassion for somebody I don’t even know or have never heard of on an online forum.

people who get triggered by a one word question and are predisposed to assume that I’m acting like some heartless troll.

the reality is I have no idea who this guy is.  And nobody here does, other than, a budding rapper who died of an overdose.  

Maybe you can explain why we should all feel a connection?

ill wait why you tell me about this man.

Kind of surprised to see people posting about old rap > new rap in a RIP thread like this. This isn't the place for it.

Mac was a good rapper. I'm not going to say I was a big fan, but I did have more than a few of his songs on my playlists over the years. This is tragic. I can only imagine what his family is going through, and especially now Ariana Grande. It's unfortunate that people have to be such jerks on the internet and act like she's partly to blame.

16 hours ago, riffraff said:

Ok..you’re right.  I’ll just feign compassion for somebody I don’t even know or have never heard of on an online forum.

people who get triggered by a one word question and are predisposed to assume that I’m acting like some heartless troll.

the reality is I have no idea who this guy is.  And nobody here does, other than, a budding rapper who died of an overdose.  

Maybe you can explain why we should all feel a connection?

ill wait why you tell me about this man.

You don't have to feel a connection to him, but a lot of people did, and I think that's enough to warrant more respect than you've been showing here. His music has gotten many people through dark times and his death has affected them.

Regardless of what he did in life and why his departure constitutes news, a world just left the world, and that's always a sad thing.

e: not trying to attack you, by the way. I like you as a poster.

2 hours ago, 112 said:

You don't have to feel a connection to him, but a lot of people did, and I think that's enough to warrant more respect than you've been showing here. His music has gotten many people through dark times and his death has affected them.

Regardless of what he did in life and why his departure constitutes news, a world just left the world, and that's always a sad thing.

e: not trying to attack you, by the way. I like you as a poster.

Ya 

tbh I reviewed my posts here and now feel that I was definitely being insensitive - not taking into consideration the possibility of a connection for another like yourself.  @Down by the River Is a poster that I respect here and enjoy reading his posts and am in general agreement with most of what he says on various topics here and in hockey.

i could have worded things much better.

i was trying to express my disdain for inter web condolences....should have done better and have been more respectful.

apologies to anyone offended.

Archived