Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Sbisa Skating with Islanders


Provost

Recommended Posts

I wonder if the Caps gave him his cup ring yet?

 

He really helped Washington win that cup.

 

(To the confused, take a look at the clinching goal of that series, and who coughed the puck up in the worst possible fashion at 4:03 in the below video. I'll give you two guesses as to who it might be...)

 

 

 

There were quite a few other Pizzas as well throughout the series.. He's the one who got peeled off on the Smith-Pelly tying goal, but that was more magnificence by Smith-Pelly than a Sbisa screwup.

 

But that giveaway for the GWG, damn. Like that may well have been a pass from Gretzky himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Sbisa's a solid bottom 6 guy who's taken far more crap than he ever deserved. Glad he's at least getting a chance to play in the NHL. 

It was just his contract.  Like you said, he's a bottom 6 guy and as long as his contract dictates that, I see no issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sbisa

30 games, 2g, 12a, 14 pts, +8

19:32 ice time/game

50 hits, 54 blocks

16 giveaways, 12 takeaways

3.3 on-ice goals for per 60 5on5, 2.7 against, on -ice sv% .930

41.8% ozone starts, 43.8 corsi

2:22 ice time/game shorthanded

28 yrs old, 6'2", 209lbs.

 

DeHaan

33 games, 1g. 11a, 12pts, +11

18:45 ice time/game

45 hits, 65 blocks

24 giveaways, 14 takeaways

3..7 on-ice goals for per 60 5on5, 2.6 against, on-ice sv%.917

45.2% ozone starts, 49.1 corsi

2:21 ice time/game shorthanded

27 yrs old, 6'1", 198 lbs

 

DeHaan left the Isles - signed a 4 yr, 18+ million deal with Carolina.

Sbisa....skating with the Isles on a pto.  Looks to me like the NYI are likely to come out of this with the far more team-friendly terms.

Extremely little separation in their outcomes last year.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sbisa

30 games, 2g, 12a, 14 pts, +8

19:32 ice time/game

50 hits, 54 blocks

16 giveaways, 12 takeaways

3.3 on-ice goals for per 60 5on5, 2.7 against, on -ice sv% .930

41.8% ozone starts, 43.8 corsi

2:22 ice time/game shorthanded

28 yrs old, 6'2", 209lbs.

 

DeHaan

33 games, 1g. 11a, 12pts, +11

18:45 ice time/game

45 hits, 65 blocks

24 giveaways, 14 takeaways

3..7 on-ice goals for per 60 5on5, 2.6 against, on-ice sv%.917

45.2% ozone starts, 49.1 corsi

2:21 ice time/game shorthanded

27 yrs old, 6'1", 198 lbs

 

DeHaan left the Isles - signed a 4 yr, 18+ million deal with Carolina.

Sbisa....skating with the Isles on a pto.  Looks to me like the NYI are likely to come out of this with the far more team-friendly terms.

Extremely little separation in their outcomes last year.

 

 

 

Wow... on paper that looks amazing. Hopefully it works out well for both Luca & NYI. I think them, NYR and Florida have to be my favourite teams in the east now (assuming Luca signs)

 

 

22 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sbisa always showed up.  He always stood up for his teamates.  Character guy. 

His level of character at his age... even when he was younger and playing for us... it's unreal. There's not a single team in the NHL that wouldn't benefit from a Sbisa on their roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the kid..as far as personality goes. Wish him well.

 

But he did have a propensity for dumb blunders at the wrong moment. Eg: our last PO game vs the Flamers. Saw him make the (exact) same stupid mistake, that he had in a key, late-season game vs Nash. Was cursing & pulling hair out!

 

All in all, the Kesler thing has worked out pretty smoothly. Sbisa our exp-fodder. Gudbranson & Sutter make up for an overpaid, broken-down RK17. Here's hoping we get thru Seattle expansion just as unscathed...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I like the kid..as far as personality goes. Wish him well.

 

But he did have a propensity for dumb blunders at the wrong moment. Eg: our last PO game vs the Flamers. Saw him make the (exact) same stupid mistake, that he had in a key, late-season game vs Nash. Was cursing & pulling hair out!

 

All in all, the Kesler thing has worked out pretty smoothly. Sbisa our exp-fodder. Gudbranson & Sutter make up for an overpaid, broken-down RK17. Here's hoping we get thru Seattle expansion just as unscathed...

That Kesler trade would have been even better had JB hung on to all the pieces IMO.

 

Also no back to back cups for Crapsburgh either... oh Jim, his only real big blunder if you ask me. Even the Loui contract I don't think you can blame him for... :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, apollo said:

That Kesler trade would have been even better had JB hung on to all the pieces IMO.

 

Also no back to back cups for Crapsburgh either... oh Jim, his only real big blunder if you ask me. Even the Loui contract I don't think you can blame him for... :(

i think we would of, if it wasnt for the expansion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...