The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suspect Charged in 13 Year Old Girl's (Marrisa Shen) Murder

DonLever

i hope that the arrest can help with healing process of the childs family, friends and the community in general.......

A real tragedy.   Reminds me of the random killing of the little gr. 9 girl at the Abbotsford school a few years back.....

Just horrible.

Lives can not be brought back but maybe an arrest can help with the recovery....   maybe it won't.....  I have never been affected by a situation like this so i don't really know.....

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

So you’re giving a complete pass to the post that prompted mine? Alright, cool. You do you.

Have you read my posts?  Apparently not.

i have a question for you  Why don’t you forward your post to her parents?

you know.  I take a lot from your posts generally.  I disagree with some of what you say but I can count on your contributions to be well thought out and sincere.  This was beneath you.  

23 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Have you read my posts?  Apparently not.

i have a question for you  Why don’t you forward your post to her parents?

you know.  I take a lot from your posts generally.  I disagree with some of what you say but I can count on your contributions to be well thought out and sincere.  This was beneath you.  

I’m sorry that the post disappointed you but I thought it was clear that I was responding to the general bigotry of the post above it. 

Wait it a minute, you even responded to the comment that prompted mine and pointed out that it was ridiculous. What gives? @riffraff

5 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Hopefully they ship the guy back to Syria, looks really bad on other Syria refugees who are just looking to escape danger. They should be grateful to live in a country like Canada compared to Syria. Tax payers have to pay for the cost to bring him over and process him, now they have to pay to incarcerate him for life.   

Better to pay the fee to ship him back rather than jail him, it will be much cheaper in the long run.  

The report, authored by the Parliamentary Budget Officer (PBO), estimates an overall average cost for each inmate at $114,587 per year, or $314 a day. WATCH: Correctional Investigator of Canada says confinement issues in women's prisons need addressing.Mar 22, 2018

I am pretty damn sure its not going to cost anything close to that to ship him back.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Better to pay the fee to ship him back rather than jail him, it will be much cheaper in the long run.  

I am pretty damn sure its not going to cost anything close to that to ship him back.

If he has citizenship then they won't send him back even though that is the obvious logical decision. They'll expect the taxpayer to foot the bill as always.

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

If he has citizenship then they won't send him back even though that is the obvious logical decision. They'll expect the taxpayer to foot the bill as always.

Doubt he got citizenship in his 6 months here........

17 minutes ago, Russ said:

Not all prisons are created equal. I am guessing minimum security prisons have more amenities for inmates while maximum security have less. Although I am curious how the extra security affects the cost of maximum security prisons. Regardless this man needs to spend the next 15-20 years in prison and then have his PR status revoked and eventually deported. Don't let him walk, that isn't justice for this little girl's family.

Just now, Toews said:

Not all prisons are created equal. I am guessing minimum security prisons have more amenities for inmates while maximum security have less. Although I am curious how the extra security affects the cost of maximum security prisons. Regardless this man needs to spend the next 15-20 years in prison and then have his PR status revoked and eventually deported. Too don't let him walk, that isn't justice for this Lyle girl's family.

Nah, I’m of the opinion that if he’s convicted, just ship his ass back to Syria. Let them deal with him and not let Canadian tax payers take care of his accommodations.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Nah, I’m of the opinion that if he’s convicted, just ship his ass back to Syria. Let them deal with him and not let Canadian tax payers take care of his accommodations.

Will the Syrians respect a ruling from a Canadian court? If they do then I see no issue with that.

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Nah I would rather he face justice.

The mandatory sentence for any adult (or youth sentenced as an adult) convicted of murder in Canada is a life sentence, with various time periods before a person may apply for parole.[6] The ability to apply for parole does not mean parole is granted.

First degree murder is life with a chance of parole after 25 years. If they let him out after 25 years then ship him back.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nah I would rather he face justice.

The mandatory sentence for any adult (or youth sentenced as an adult) convicted of murder in Canada is a life sentence, with various time periods before a person may apply for parole.[6] The ability to apply for parole does not mean parole is granted.

First degree murder is life with a chance of parole after 25 years. If they let him out after 25 years then ship him back.

Obviously my idea is contingent on the Syrians upholding his sentence. While I’ve never spent time in a Syrian or Canadian prison, I’d have to imagine Syria’s is worse.

56 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

So all Syrians are murderers then?

Uh, what?   I am just saying posting jokes about wrestlers when a 13 year old girl was murdered isn't class man.   This has nothing to do with Syrian anything....I will let the rest of the typical suspects go back and forth and ping pong on that one - I was simply saying, kid is dead and on the first page someone is cracking jokes.   I just didn't think it was cool.   

Sh*t day on a couple of fronts (health news on one friend and career news on another) so perhaps a bit touchy today.    

Archived