The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Erik Karlsson, Francis Perron to Sharks for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, Josh Norris, Rudolfs Balcers, conditional 2020 1st-round pick, conditional 2019 2nd-round pick

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

That's relatively cheap for Karlsson, especially since 3 teams were reported in on the trade. One would think you would weigh them against each other and compete for an absurd return.

I like Tierney, but as the centre-piece in this deal? Ya... OTT got screwed. 

I'd argue the centre-pieces are the 1st and Josh Norris (a 2017 first rounder, 19th overall)

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dorion and Melnk are in a bunker under Canadian Tire Centre, holding each other and weeping uncontrollably.

Holy if that trade is real, then Ottawa did horribly.

It also must mean that Karlsson really wasn’t willing to sign with most teams.  There would have been many offers that beat that.

Heck, that is worse than Baertschi, Juolevi and a couple of 2nds from us. (Our picks will be way higher than San Jose)

4 minutes ago, Zach Parise said:

omg sens got fleeced!

https://twitter.com/PxPOttawa/status/1040306928797327360

The Sens have traded Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron to SJ for a 1st rd pick in 2019 or 2020, C-Chris Tierny, 2nd rd pick 2019, C-Josh Norris, LW-Rudolfs Balcers and D-Dylan DeMelo

Wow. Ottawa gets crap in return for the best defenceman in the NHL. Meanwhile folks here were saying Ottawa would never have taken some of the offers we could have made that did not include the JB’s untouchables.....

4 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Not a horrible trade, no big name going back to OTT which is disappointing but SJS did give up quite a bit

Are you kidding me? That's the worst trade they could have possibly made...

They got quantity that's it. 

What a dark day for Sens fans. They just gave up one of the best D-men in a generation for scraps that won't even help their rebuild.

Just now, Provost said:

Holy if that trade is real, then Ottawa did horribly.

It also must mean that Karlsson really wasn’t willing to sign with most teams.  There would have been many offers that beat that.

Heck, that is worse than Baertschi, Juolevi and a couple of 2nds from us. (Our picks will be way higher than San Jose)

Yeah. It's pathetic. Wilson must have pictures of a few GMs with livestock or something to pull this kind of larceny off more than once. I guess it's wasn't just Eklund after all....:lol:

Just now, DeNiro said:

Are you kidding me? That's the worst trade they could have possibly made...

They got quantity that's it. 

What a dark day for Sens fans. They just gave up one of the best D-men in a generation for scraps that won't even help their rebuild.

Worst?

How do you know what the other offers were?

I'm going to assume that Karlsson simply didn't want to extend here (and I don't blame him, the media here is trash) and that's why a deal could not be made with us. I'm certain we could have offered way more than this. To think some thought that Karlsson would be traded for a king's random.

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I actually don't mind this trade for the Sens. They get some decent roster players, a first, 2nd conditional picks and a top centre prospect. maybe they could have gotten more but this isn't that bad for them considering the circumstances.

"Decent" isn't going to sell fans on a rebuild.

Norris is nothing but a lottery ticket at this point.

And the picks are going to be late round picks.

Not even the most hardcore Sens fans could defend this trade.

Archived