The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler would LOVE to re-sign with the Canucks.

singularity

Ya why wouldn't he, he loves the city and the Canucks have overpaid him for years why go anywhere else lol

Most players would want another shot at the cup but knowing him I doubt he would because there would be pressure he can't handle to win the cup and he'd have to earn his money they spend on him to help I highly doubt he could handle.

There is also a chance here that in a couple years we could be a top playoff contender so there is that possibility for him too he probably sees that Benning is doing great things so will be a fun finish to his career and I'd get that.

Really depends on how well he does this season as it should for Benning. There's a big disparity between the good Edler and the very bad Edler and we'll all see where he's at now. My guess is he'll be all of that up and down but probably more average or bad.

Myself I'd rather not see him around if he has another poor to average season and we use someone better and more reliable especially if he want's too much money.

So far this preseason another year or two of Edler would NOT be terrible. He's been the most consistent so far. Juolevi needs time. Hughes will need to be sheltered next season. Hell he may even gel nicely with Hughes, the Erhoff he been missing since he championship chased to Buffalo. Outside of Tanman and Edler our d core is beyond ugly. Some of us like to rag on Edler (me specifically), but boy does he ever look good in comparison to the guys we have behind him. Lol.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

So far this preseason another year or two of Edler would NOT be terrible. He's been the most consistent so far. Juolevi needs time. Hughes will need to be sheltered next season. Hell he may even gel nicely with Hughes, the Erhoff he been missing since he championship chased to Buffalo. Outside of Tanman and Edler our d core is beyond ugly. Some of us like to rag on Edler (me specifically), but boy does he ever look good in comparison to the guys we have behind him. Lol.

Glad to see even some of the 'haters' are coming around to reality :P

Edler may not be the Norris winning #1D people hoped for at one point but he's by FAR the best all around D we've got and nobody is going to be ready to take on his 24 minutes, all situations next year. 

We're going to need someone to shelter Hughes and Juolevi until they get their feet under them. Then if/when they start to move up the lineup, he can slowly trend back to 2nd and/or 3rd pair.

IMO, he's not going anywhere anytime soon and anyone who thinks we should just dump a very solid, sheltering D 'because'...needs to adjust their meds.

• 1 month later...

Archived