The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford done at The Province?

Gnarcore

If so your thoughts are?   

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was considering buying a subscription but not now! I can't stand the idea of paying Botchead anything even indirectly. 

Not sure if you're joking, but this is legitimately how I felt. All the good that the Athletic is doing can be undone by growing too fast and bringing in sh!t journalists to water-down the talent pool. 

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Not sure if you're joking, but this is legitimately how I felt. All the good that the Athletic is doing can be undone by growing too fast and bringing in sh!t journalists to water-down the talent pool. 

Seen some on other sites say that they're going to subscribe now, but of course they could just be sock puppets.  Still, if folks let them know that it may help in their vetting process of bringing new contributors in.

1 hour ago, Yung1 said:

He's generally garbage but tbh i did enjoy the provies

A lot of hate here for Botch. I agree with you the provies are one of the better reads in Canucks coverage. The canuckway is definitely the worst I have read. I also like Carol Schram at hockeybuzz and canucksarmy.

37 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Still, if folks let them know that it may help in their vetting process of bringing new contributors in.

I agree HW, literally the ONLY thing these online publications care about it $$$.  If people either don't renew their paid subscriptions and/or cancel them outright (not sure if that's possible if paid for already) that'll make them at least think about who they hire.

If all you do is complain about the stuff a certain writer posts on their site - they won't care because it still means you're reading his/her garbage. 

For the record, I like Botchford BECAUSE he's a bit of a jerk. His stuff is entertaining and often quite perceptive. His Provies are ground breaking. At news conferences he almost always asks great questions and he isn't afraid to ask hard ones. Without naming names, virtually all of the other writers seem more like fanboys than journalists. One guy, when he was called out about misrepresenting Pettersson's weight at 177 maintained Elias meant 177 when the recording has him clearly saying 77, as in kilograms, which is how they weigh things in Europe. (77kg is 169.76 pounds and the latest word on his weight is around 172. If he was 177, wouldn't we all be worried that he'd LOST five pounds?) If you like that kind of sloppy reportage, then fill your boots.  I'd rather listen to Botchford ranting than to others kissing up to the management, coaches and the guys on the two radio stations.

1 hour ago, babalu said:

A lot of hate here for Botch. I agree with you the provies are one of the better reads in Canucks coverage. The canuckway is definitely the worst I have read. I also like Carol Schram at hockeybuzz and canucksarmy.

It's nothing new for CDC. You'd think Botch and the 1040 boys murdered their 1st born child or something. They'll trash them over and over and over, to anyone that will listen and they all feed off eachother. "Botch is trash" "ya, he sucks!" I'm pretty sure they're all just a bunch of old cranky dudes that would rather listen to Tony Gallagher talk.

But I think Botch is fun. He's entertaining, he's knowledgeable, he's passionate...I really don't understand why he gets so much attention in these boards. I've personally seen CDC posters diss him on 20+ different occassions. He gets 10x more hate than Eklund...EKLUND!!!

Give it a rest boys. We get it, you don't like 1040. Time to move on with our lives...

Archived