The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen Finds 10K and Returns it-Would You?

nucklehead

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/a-teen-finds-a-purse-with-dollar10000-inside-and-returns-it/ar-BBNsr4z?ocid=spartanntp

Rhami Zeini was driving home from school when he spotted a black purse in the middle of the road.

The 16-year-old Santa Barbara, California, high school junior opened it -- and discovered more money that he'd ever seen in his life: $10,000.

Unable to find the owner's phone number, Rhami told his parents. They drove him to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office.

There, a watch officer was able to locate the owner and return the money.

"To me, I figured this is the right thing to do," Zeini told CNN affiliate KCOY. "If the roles were reversed and I had lost something with a significant sum of money inside, I know I would want it back for sure."

The purse's owner was so grateful that she gave Rhami $100. She believes she left the purse on the roof of her car when she drove away.

Kid did right thing but why isn't anyone asking why someone had $10,000 in a purse?    There are only a few kinds of people that have that kind of cash with them.   

Maybe it is from having just downloaded and binge watching Ozark on recent flights but kid may be doubly lucky for turning this in.

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Kid did right thing but why isn't anyone asking why someone had $10,000 in a purse?    There are only a few kinds of people that have that kind of cash with them.   

Maybe it is from having just downloaded and binge watching Ozark on recent flights but kid may be doubly lucky for turning this in.

That's the first thing I thought of. 10K cash in your purse and you left it on the roof of your car??? I would be holding onto that bag with an iron grip.

He should have went Dumb and Dumber and spent it all!

38 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Only gave $100 to the kid.Should have given him at least $500. He could have easily kept the 10k. At least make him really feel the love of doing something 1/10 people would probably do these days.

At least a 10% gratuity. Give him a grand.

24 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You mean people that are on their way to buy a used car, a couple of pieces of new stereo equipment, a pair of ATVs for her and her husband, vacation/airplane tickets and so on?

16 minutes ago, gurn said:

You mean people that are on their way to buy a used car, a couple of pieces of new stereo equipment, a pair of ATVs for her and her husband, vacation/airplane tickets and so on?

Currency exchange is also another or maybe if you are sending money overseas through something like Western Union.

Three times I've approached a ATM with a card already inside and menu saying ' next transaction.'  All times I ran out and grab the person that was leaving.  I've found an engagement/wedding ring in a Wendy's, handed that in.  I've found two phones on the bus/skytrain, handed those in(one was a hottie, no doubt distracted by my good looks).  Found a wallet loaded with cash in the bar, handed that in.  Hell, two weeks ago I was at save on and a person left with $100 cash back coming out of the til, I ran and got him.  Then I found a Bose Bluetooth speaker at the beach, looked around and saw no one and thought 'well @#$%, I am keeping this!" 

In the end, it's just karma.  Who knows if everything I returned actually made it to the owner but it feels somewhat good doing the right thing.  And I still have a bose speaker and works like a charm(someone left it on the tracks so it was 30min away from utter destruction.)   

It doesn't matter how much it was or how much was given in reward. The concern is that we become numb to our fellow human beings for the all mighty dollar. To me its your either too greedy or self serving or you value others no matter who they are or what there circumstances are. It says where your values and ethics lie.

Archived