The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Hutton for Khaira

Lui's Knob

20 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

I think Edmonton values Khaira more than they would value Hutton at this point.

This ^

Hutton's value is down the toilet, this is his make or break season ......management tried so hard to trade hutton last year, just no interest.....hes not a good d , yesterdays game he coughed up the puck which was scored upon by edmonton ( near the end of the game )

2 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

This ^

Hutton's value is down the toilet, this is his make or break season ......management tried so hard to trade hutton last year, just no interest.....hes not a good d , yesterdays game he coughed up the puck which was scored upon by edmonton ( near the end of the game )

Oilers' blueline is so bad, they even gave (granted it's only a PTO) a broken down and/or past his prime Garrison a shot at making their squad.

42 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

This ^

Up until that point I felt he played a relatively strong game. A couple good plays at the blue line, responsible defensively. 

Nilsson should have been able to stop that. His 5 hole is wider than a puck bunny after a junior tournament. 

Hutton made some good pinches and looked decent walking the line on the PP yesterday.  Let's not sell on him just yet, nothing wrong with mobile guys on the back end with defensive awareness.

The team is also pretty stacked on the wings (Sven, Brock, Goldie, Louie, Jake), though Jujhar would bring a good physical element to his game.  Nevertheless, we do have (before Roussel comes back) Schaller, Archibald and even potentially Palmu battling for 4th line roles (Gaunce, Gaudette, Granny, potentially Leipsic are also bottom 6 forwards-in-waiting), so not sure why we may need to expend a young D-man for a bottom-6 guy.  

1 hour ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

This ^

Yeah I saw that bad play by him and Nilsson couldn't stop a beach ball ;)

Really like Khaira’s game. Just something I like there, good size, moves well, edge to his game. 

Would be a nice add if we hadn’t just signed three players to fill that role. 

‘Need to find someone looking for some quantity for quality trades, or draft pics even better. Thin out the logjam of mediocrity to let the kids play. 

3 hours ago, Lui's Knob said:

Who thinks Hutton will be offloaded to Edm (desperate need of D) for a gritty bottom 6 forward like Khaira. With Roussel out with a concussion, bit of a win-win for both teams. 

Decent proposal but given the glut of bottom six options for Vancouver right now, Khaira doesn't stand out as above many of them.   If Edmonton would provide a 2nd or a 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft for Hutton plus a later round pick in another draft, that would be of interest to Vancouver me thinks.

Archived