The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ondrej Pavelec announces retirement

thejazz97

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl/345416/pavelec-nevzal-khl-ani-plzen-a-konci-karieru-nastal-spravny-cas.html

[q]He waited for the overseas offer to come. Those from the KHL or the extraliga have refused. It was clear ahead: NHL, or nothing. So the second option came. Gólman Ondřej Pavelec, world champion from Germany in 2010, finished his career. At 31 years old. "Playing would make no sense, the time was right," explained goalkeeper iSport.cz, who had 398 matches in the NHL. He introduced himself to two Olympic tournaments, the World Cup and four championships.

This number will no longer change.398. As many games he captured in the NHL for Winnipeg, Atlanta and last time the New York Rangers, where he worked alongside the Swedish phenomenon Henrik Lundqvista. In the historical order of Czech goalies in the number of matches he belongs third place behind Dominik Hašek (735) and Tomáš Vokoun (700).

"I've always said I'll play hockey until it's fun. And until I'm interested. Now one thing did not come. I have no head set, nor did anyone want me in the NHL. So I did not even have a big dilemma, "said Pavelec , who admitted that he had enough of the great stress he had experienced in his career.

"I knew I did not want to play hockey at the age of thirty or forty. That was clearly set in me. For the people who were around me, it was no surprise. Life I would like to enjoy life from another perspective. One stage is behind me, one in front of me. And I have to say that I am very much looking forward to her, "says Pavelec, which was extravagant in Pilsen, according to information iSport.cz.

But he did not want to join the elite Czech competition, just as he did to KHL. He used to catch the best of the world. "She played the role and the head. And motivation. I've always had it set myself up to play the NHL, "he explained. But he admitted that the offer from Martina Straka and Jaroslav Špaček , icons of Pilsen spoil, considered ... But in the end he did not let himself be convinced.

The NHL captured 398 matches, 35 of which had a national team. He has represented four times in the world championship, including gold (2010) and bronze (2011). He also caught the domestic championship in Prague in 2015, when the Czechs took fourth place.[/q]

Archived