Goldobin-Pettersson-Virtanen

Leipsic-Sutter-Granlund

Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Guddy

Hutton-Tanev

Stecher-MDZ

Marky

Nilsson

This, but you'll see Leipsic-Pettersson-Goldy. Virtanen isn't given the chance to play in the top 6, he seems to be nailed to the bottom 6. 

4 hours ago, sockeye said:

I think your line-up is very close to what we'll see.  You might see Leipsic and Baertschi switch places but I think your set up is how it will start out.  One advantage that Gagner has is that he is a right-handed shot which we have few of but, keeping him would mean we lose Leipsic, Goldobin, Motte or Granlund (most likely, we would waive Goldobin).  I think Virtanen is safe.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Sautner make the team but I'm not sure who would be moved to create a spot for him.

Yeah I could see Baertschi and Leipsic the other way around too. Im sure Green will be rolling a few guys in and out of the top 6; Eriksson, Virtanen or Sutter for faceoffs. Even Gagner if he ends up staying I just feel like we've got a couple guys in Leipsic and Granlund that are more versitile than him. Sautner is definitley in the bubble department but he is a lefty and Green is big on dmen playing their own sides more so than forwards. Gaudette is another bubble guy, Green has been giving him some good looks which to me is a sign he likes him, could be a wildcard. 

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

Baer-Horvat-Boeser

Goldobin-Pettersson-Virtanen

Leipsic-Sutter-Granlund

Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Guddy

Hutton-Tanev

Stecher-MDZ

Marky

Nilsson

Agreed with this too.  Top line works so keep it together.  2nd line, I would like to see Jake and Goldie switch sides, when Jake puts his shoulder down and barrels to the net he's hard to stop.  E.P. can also work with him to "slap pass" some goals like he did with Sutter on Saturday, and Jake needs a good passer while E.P. and Goldie need someone physical to battle alongside them for pucks.  Also like the combo of Leipsic and Sutter on the 3rd line, both are pretty gritty and can make things happen off the rush.  Could be a solid two-way line with Eriksson comes back, then the 4th line can be between the 3 UFA signings, Granny and Motte.

Top six: Horvat, Boeser, Petterson, Baertschi - add two vets: Sutter, Eriksson

Bottom six: Beagle, Virtanen, Gagner, Granlund, Schaller - filler up:: Gaunce

13th: Motte, IR: Roussel

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

MDZ Stecher

7th: Puoliot or Juolevi

Markström and Nilson, one has to go at the TDl

5 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

Baer Bo Boeser

Goldy Petterson Errikson

Leipsic Sutter Virtanen

Rousell Beagle Schaller

Motte

Granlund

IMO Motte will get sent down to Utica because he is waiver exempt even though he is good enough to make the team. Granlund, Goldobin and Leipsic will rotate in and out of the lineup depending on team need , injury to other player and who is playing the best at the moment.

Not a bad option as those 3 will be in a competition all season to be on the ice instead of watching. If that doesn't motivate them to be better and more consistent for every game nothing will and if they don't measure up then the team is better off without them

Getting dizzy with all the projected lineup combos..:)

Green will have his top 6 consisting of Bo, Baer, Brock, Elias, Eriksson, Goldy, Leipsic

Bottom 6 , Beagle, Sutts, Granny, JV, Schaller, Roussel, Gagner,  with the odd .." hey lets try Granny, JV, Gagner on the top 6 for a game or 2! "

56 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

IMO Motte will get sent down to Utica because he is waiver exempt even though he is good enough to make the team. Granlund, Goldobin and Leipsic will rotate in and out of the lineup depending on team need , injury to other player and who is playing the best at the moment.

Not a bad option as those 3 will be in a competition all season to be on the ice instead of watching. If that doesn't motivate them to be better and more consistent for every game nothing will and if they don't measure up then the team is better off without them

My thoughts exactly. :)

23 hours ago, nuckfanfromafrica said:

none taken. Vegas seemed to do just fine last season rolling lines with worker mentality

Its an interesting idea.  If you are going to spread it out, then yeah, go all the way. All four lines.

Now, would it be the best thing for high scoring entertaining sedinery? For higher points for Boeser and Pettersson? No. But as much as it might stifle B and P's production, it would also uplift anyone that is playing with them.

So you have to consider if you are not worried about points this year, take that out of the equation, and its more about the development of the team as a whole, it might not be as crazy as it sounds. But Green would have to be consistent with it.

My lineup would be:

Boeser - Horvat - Goldy/Baertschi
Baertschi/Goldy - Pettersson - Granlund

Leipsic - Sutter - Eriksson

Roussel - Beagle - Motte/Virtanen

Extras:

Schaller

Motte/Virtanen

Without any trades taking place, and needing to make room for Roussel and Eriksson this what I would do with the forward lines. Granlund has more skill/playmaking ability than most of you give him credit for, I would give him a chance in a scoring role before relegating him to a bottom 6 checking role for the rest of his career. I would like to see Virtanen get a bigger role this year but it just doesn't seem like it will happen early this year. Motte has looked good this preseason but I don't think there's a ton of upside so I would keep him as an energy guy on the 3rd and 4th lines. With these lines Leipsic will be able to move up at any point during a game if Granlund/Goldy or Baertschi aren't doing much. 

I would like to see the Canucks keep Gaudette up but I don't think he has done enough this preseason to warrant keeping him in the NHL. I have zero issues waiving Gagner or Gaunce, I feel like they have limited upside.

I know this won’t happen but this is what I would start the year with if all healthy:

‘Roussel-EP-Brock.   

Baertschi-Bo-Virt

LE-JB-RS

Goldobin-Gaudette-Granlund/Gagner

Schaller

Brock is recovering from what was likely a very scary injury and needs to get his swagger back, playing with EP is his best chance at that. No one has worked at LW yet and Roussel gives an agitating go to the net guy that can skate. He essentially gets it by default as Baertschi is needed for Bo and Goldy and Leipsic seem to be poor place holders.

Virt plays a North-South game and is best in open ice. Bo also is a player who is good on the rush. These guys will get some D zone and Neutral zone face offs. 

‘3rd line is the shutdown line and a damn expensive one. Would get some of the most tilted zone starts in the league with pretty much every d-zone face off.

Sheltered 4th line with some ability to score. Scoring is so hard in the league now that you really can’t have two defence first lines. The only chance we have of improving this year is to see the kids improve. I like Gaudette’s game and would like to see if he can take his innate sense of where the puck is going and starting to translate to points.  

Why hey this won’t work, Jake doesn’t seem to think the game well enough or really have the desire it requires to score in this league.  Roussel is best as a third liner and Gaudette will likely be sent down. 

As as far as D lines-doesn’t matter. No change in pairings is going to fix this mess. 

Archived