The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 20 players - Sept. 24, 2018

30 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Sautner is nothing more than a depth piece. A dime a dozen. A few people on here really need to scale it back when talking about guys like him. He is an AHLer. He's at the age where he probably isn't going to be anything better than a #7/8 Dman at best.

most of our D is dime a dozen

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

most of our D is dime a dozen

Depends on the forum you're in...

Canucks forum... they pretty much all suck and are worth a dime a dozen

Trades and Proposals forum.... they all instantly become worth a 1st or 2nd round pick plus a prospect. 

4 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

At 25 Ried Bouchers career seems quit over at the NHL lvl

Agreed.  Doesn't the AHL have an age limit, or experience limit or something like that?  I thought a team could have only so many guys with so much experience?

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Is anyone upset about Sautner getting the demotion. I'll be a little sad if he's claimed but I'll accept it. How about u guys.

I am. He outplayed Pouliot and Biega. Goes to show how stacked the cards were for him. If he clears, though, Sautner is the first defensive callup barring an injury.

I doubt he gets claimed but he is only 23 and that's usually the right age to claim a guy you think has some upside, so there is a risk. We'll know if the Canucks made a mistake tomorrow.

1 hour ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

At 25 Ried Bouchers career seems quit over at the NHL lvl

You realize Burrows didn't play his first full season till he was 25? 

Players who make it to this level don't have that attitude and mentality. That's the difference between them and the other 98% of people. 

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

I am. He outplayed Pouliot and Biega. Goes to show how stacked the cards were for him. If he clears, though, Sautner is the first defensive callup barring an injury.

I doubt he gets claimed but he is only 23 and that's usually the right age to claim a guy you think has some upside, so there is a risk. We'll know if the Canucks made a mistake tomorrow.

Definitely not a mistake, there will probably be better D men put on waivers closer to the start of the season from other teams. 

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

You realize Burrows didn't play his first full season till he was 25? 

Players who make it to this level don't have that attitude and mentality. That's the difference between them and the other 98% of people. 

Upvoted because youre right, but its also valid that as players get older, their chances get slimmer. At 25 theres a lot less room for growth biologically. He's gotta beat the odds for sure.

10 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I know some people liked Sautner's game, but I felt he was significantly below the NHL level of defending. We'll see how he develops further. 

He's not bad, but he's replacement level or thereabouts. We may still see more of him in future though.

Archived