The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MP drops F-bomb in Commons, accuses Trudeau of not caring about Indigenous rights

thejazz97

The tone of debate in the House of Commons hit a low for the second time in two weeks Tuesday when an NDP MP from Quebec used the F-word during question period.

Asking a question about the Trans Mountain pipeline, Romeo Saganash, a First Nations NDP MP from Abitibi—Baie-James—Nunavik—Eeyou, accused Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of not caring about the rights of Indigenous peoples.

"When the prime minister says that this pipeline expansion will be done no matter what, and his minister adds that Canada will not be able to accommodate all Indigenous concerns, what that means is that they have decided to wilfully violate their constitutional duties and obligations," Saganash told the House.

"Mr. Speaker, sounds like a most important relationship doesn't it? Why doesn't the prime minister just say the truth and tell Indigenous peoples that he doesn't give a &^@# about their rights?"

Speaker Geoff Regan immediately stood and told Saganash that, as an experienced member of the House of Commons, he should have known better. He invited the MP to apologize and withdraw the word.

"Mr. Speaker, what is happening is so insulting, it makes me so angry, but I do withdraw the word," Saganash said.

Full article at https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/romeo-saganash-f-bomb-house-commons-1.4838124, this is the only part that's relevant to the headline.

Perhaps one of the most interesting and colourful words in the English language today is the word "&^@#". It is the one magical word which, just by its sound, can describe pain, pleasure, love, and hate.

In language, "&^@#" falls into many grammatical categories. It can be used as a verb, both transitive (John &^@#ed Mary) and intransitive (Mary was &^@#ed by John). It can be an action verb (John really gives a &^@#), a passive verb (Mary really doesn't give a &^@#), an adverb (Mary is &^@#ing interested in John), or as a noun (Mary is a terrific &^@#).

It can also be used as an adjective (Mary is &^@#ing beautiful) or an interjection (&^@#! I'm late for my date with Mary). It can even be used as a conjunction (Mary is easy, &^@# she's also stupid). As you can see, there are very few words with the overall versatility of the word "&^@#"..

Aside from its sexual connotations, this incredible word can be used to describe many situations:

1. Greetings: "How the &^@# are ya?"

2. Fraud: "I got &^@#ed by the car dealer."

3. Resignation: "Oh, &^@# it!"

4. Trouble: "I guess I'm &^@#ed now."

5. Aggression: "&^@# YOU!"

6. Disgust: "&^@# me."

7. Confusion: "What the &^@#.......?"

8. Difficulty: "I don't understand this &^@#ing business!"

9. Despair: "&^@#ed again..."

10. Pleasure: "I &^@#ing couldn't be happier."

11. Displeasure: "What the &^@# is going on here?"

12. Lost: "Where the &^@# are we."

13. Disbelief: "UN&^@#INGBELIEVABLE!"

14. Retaliation: "Up your &^@#ing ass!"

15. Denial: "I didn't &^@#ing do it."

16. Perplexity: "I know &^@# all about it."

17. Apathy: "Who really gives a &^@#, anyhow?"

18. Greetings: "How the &^@# are ya?"

19. Suspicion: "Who the &^@# are you?"

20. Panic: "Let's get the &^@# out of here."

21. Directions: "&^@# off."

22. Disbelief: "How the &^@# did you do that?"

It can be used in an anatomical description- "He's a &^@#ing asshole." It can be used to tell time- "It's five &^@#ing thirty." It can be used in business- "How did I wind up with this &^@#ing job?" It can be maternal- "Mother&^@#er." It can be political- "&^@# Dan Quayle!"

It has also been used by many notable people throughout history:

"What the &^@# was that?"

Mayor of Hiroshima

"Where did all these &^@#ing Indians come from?"

General Custer

"Where the &^@# is all this water coming from?"

Captain of the Titanic

"That's not a real &^@#ing gun."

John Lennon

"Who's gonna &^@#ing find out?"

Richard Nixon

"Heads are going to &^@#ing roll."

Anne Boleyn

"Let the &^@#ing woman drive."

Commander of Space Shuttle

"What &^@#ing map?"

"Challenger," Mark Thatcher

"Any &^@#ing idiot could understand that."

Albert Einstein

"It does so &^@#ing look like her!"

Picasso

"How the &^@# did you work that out?"

Pythagoras

"You want what on the &^@#ing ceiling?"

Michaelangelo

"&^@# a duck."

Walt Disney

"Why?- Because its &^@#ing there!"

Edmund Hilary

"I don't suppose its gonna &^@#ing rain?"

Joan of Arc

"Scattered &^@#ing showers my ass."

Noah

"I need this parade like I need a &^@#ing hole in my head."

John F. Kennedy

http://www.angelfire.com/or/mckennap/&^@#.html

well this went in an interesting direction. 

With all due respect to the MP, the constitution doesn't require unanimous consent on national projects, so its not much of an argument. There are also bands that want pipelines in BC:

"Ordinary First Nations people want the same opportunities every other Canadian aspires to. But there's also a group of Indigenous people out there, I call them Facebook warriors, they oppose everything, and they never want anything to change. But I believe there's a middle way."

Helin, a member of the Lax Kw'alaams First Nation near Prince Rupert, B.C., and a leading advocate for Indigenous self-reliance, said energy development can help First Nations people ease into the mainstream economy and end a cycle of dependency that has been fostered by racist policies designed to subjugate Indigenous communities.

Helin said the old paradigm — where energy companies imposed their will on First Nations people without offering meaningful benefits in return — is over.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pro-pipeline-indigenous-people-trans-mountain-1.4253470

If Saganash is dropping F-Bombs over what the Liberals are doing, his head would probably explode over what Scheer said he would do.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4482140/andrew-scheer-trans-mountain-plan/

On the other hand, I wonder though if this is a case of being able to say whatever you want in the House of Commons because you have zero hope of forming government anyways.

47 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

FIDDLE DEE DEE~

Brother, I can be a clumsby sod sometimes, I stood on a nail and there were quite a few more expletives than the f-bomb.

Once I was using a nail gun and I put nail through my middle finger.

Doh.

Archived