The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 26, 2018

14 minutes ago, gameburn said:

You're right.  This pre-season has been brutal: of those not locks, probably Hutton and Motte have been the best, along with Goldobin?  

Gaudette looked motivated, but needs to figure out how to play the faster, closer checking Pro game.  Not Boeser 2.0 of any type whatsoever.

this pre-season Boeser isn't even Boeser 2.0.  

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

Sad, but true.

You want the team to take a step forward but still end up with a top 5 pick at the end of the year. Not so sure about the youth but that top 5 pick is looking good.

What's the rule for this year... the same crap as the last few years... finish at or near the bottom and pick 5th?

28 minutes ago, Me_ said:

So Dalpe, Clendenning, Shinkaruk and Rodin have been waived.

Somebody knows what he’s doing...

caugh BENNING caugh caugh

Considering half the current Canucks team would be waived if they were on some of these teams, he has pretty good odds of getting rid of a bad player.

2 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

No one wants to take a flyer on pirri eh?? he's been able to produce at the NHL level!

I would waive Gaunce the very minute we successfully got him in a claim lol. Give him a look Saturday if he doesn't show well waive him again.

No harm, no foul. Guy is a righty too isn't he? We have a lot of Lefty's adding a righty gives us better balance and could alllow Jake to play on the left side even.

2 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

No one wants to take a flyer on pirri eh?? he's been able to produce at the NHL level!

Someone posted that on twitter today. I am all in favor we have enough bottom 6 checkers I'd gamble on a potential 3rd line scoring winger. 

Schaller Beagle Pirri

Sign me up. 

He's probably end up with Sutter tho lol

Always wish we would have seen a NON injured Rodin. Will he report to the AHL for Anaheim or will he just jump ship back the SHL like he did when he was here basically?

Pirri has a good shot, just cant translate his game in the NHL, too 1 dimensional, not the best skater I think? not good in his own end if I recall.

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Always wish we would have seen a NON injured Rodin. Will he report to the AHL for Anaheim or will he just jump ship back the SHL like he did when he was here basically?

Pirri has a good shot, just cant translate his game in the NHL, too 1 dimensional, not the best skater I think? not good in his own end if I recall.

Is his one dimension better than Gagner's though? Do you feel he would be an upgrade on a guy like Reid Boucher or are they one in the same in your eyes.

I got a feeling Gagner will remain here to start the season. Sigh. He might be the type of veteran we need to help mentor and inspire the young adults on this team.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Is his one dimension better than Gagner's though? Do you feel he would be an upgrade on a guy like Reid Boucher or are they one in the same in your eyes.

I got a feeling Gagner will remain here to start the season. Sigh. He might be the type of veteran we need to help mentor and inspire the young adults on this team.

Pirri is > Boucher imo, he has a 20g season under his belt in the NHL. I would take him on our team over Boucher. gagner well we overpaid his 1 good year in columbus where they sheltered his minutes and we overpaid him. Gagner will be here all year, maybe find a taker in the summer of next year in the last year of his deal.

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Pirri is > Boucher imo, he has a 20g season under his belt in the NHL. I would take him on our team over Boucher. gagner well we overpaid his 1 good year in columbus where they sheltered his minutes and we overpaid him. Gagner will be here all year, maybe find a taker in the summer of next year in the last year of his deal.

If Pirri is better and more well rounded then Boucher he might be worth giving a shot. I can see him and Horvat becoming a bit of a duo.

Baertschi Horvat Pirri

Eriksson Pettersson Boeser

Granlund Beagle Virtanen

Leipsic Sutter Motte

That fourth line would be fast, hungry, and I can see Motte/Leipsic sending their linemates in on some good breakaways.

8 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

...and people were mad last year when we waived him, saying Benning and Co. have no clue etc. etc....<_<

Haha I remember that too. Probably the same guys that are crying we should be playing all of the prospects this year too. ::D 

12 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If Pirri is better and more well rounded then Boucher he might be worth giving a shot. I can see him and Horvat becoming a bit of a duo.

Baertschi Horvat Pirri

Eriksson Pettersson Boeser

Granlund Beagle Virtanen

Leipsic Sutter Motte

That fourth line would be fast, hungry, and I can see Motte/Leipsic sending their linemates in on some good breakaways.

Problem is we already waived boucher and he cleared. If we claimed pirri he would have to stick on our opening day roster. I think canucks are going to pass on any waiver player as we have guys we need to cut still

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Problem is we already waived boucher and he cleared. If we claimed pirri he would have to stick on our opening day roster. I think canucks are going to pass on any waiver player as we have guys we need to cut still

I would pick him up and cut an extra bottom 6 checker. There is no way we need these many grinders on this squad. Sutter, Beagle, Schaller, Roussel, Motte all deserve to be here. The rest let Green pick 1 or 2 and call it a day. If we need more grinders we can call to Utica. There is a 50/50 chance Gaunce clears so we may have him as an option. That isn't even including Virtanen who is likely destined for bottom 6 minutes to start. (I'd keep Granlund and cut the rest of the grinders). Ideally, keep Leipsic and Goldie until you can flip one.

18 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I would pick him up and cut an extra bottom 6 checker. There is no way we need these many grinders on this squad. Sutter, Beagle, Schaller, Roussel, Motte all deserve to be here. The rest let Green pick 1 or 2 and call it a day. If we need more grinders we can call to Utica. There is a 50/50 chance Gaunce clears so we may have him as an option. That isn't even including Virtanen who is likely destined for bottom 6 minutes to start. (I'd keep Granlund and cut the rest of the grinders). Ideally, keep Leipsic and Goldie until you can flip one.

It's going to be hard work grinding for the 1st overall.

10 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I am hoping that San Jose places Tim Heed on waivers and/or St. Louis places Jordan Schmaltz on waivers. Both are RHD and Heed was better than 1 PPG in AHL during 2016/17 season. Heed also had 11 points in 29 games with the Sharks last year.

I would take either player over everybody on our defense not named Edler or Tanev. Probably lean more toward Schmaltz due to age although Heed might have higher overall upside. 

5 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

I would take either player over everybody on our defense not named Edler or Tanev. Probably lean more toward Schmaltz due to age although Heed might have higher overall upside. 

Agreed. Sounds like the only way they will avoid waivers is if San Jose and St. Louis go with 8 d-men or they trade them before the start of the season.

Remind me again what Calgary traded to get Rychel...then to waive him? Kinda weird...unless they assumed that Shink wouldn't make the team and the feel was that he wouldn't pass waivers...other than that thinking I'm not quite sure what Mr. Lube Jr is thinking there...

Archived