The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

Coming out of the All-Star break, things are looking pretty solid for the Kings. The 789 Fpts for January (so far) is 2nd in the league. Dubnyk, Backlund, and Trouba have been leading the charge, but we have been getting contributions from all over the roster.

With no 2019 picks, and not much in the way of high-end prospects, we likely won't be too busy around the deadline. However, we are considering offers on young defenseman Esa Lindell. He's having a fantastic season, with 158 Fpts so far. And with another year left on his contract at only $1.35M, he's one of the best non-ELC bargains in the league. However, the team is heavy on defensemen, and Dallas players, so if the right deal came along I'd look at it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Monty said:

CAROLINE NEWS - NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING

Alright, so I'm leaving on February 14th for India, returning on the 25th. While my roster is essentially set for the playoffs, I'm always looking to bolster my roster even more. With that said, I will be making every prospect in my system available for a trade; whether that be for players with term left, or pure rentals. Carter Hart is not available, as he's my goaltender beyond this season with Casey DeSmith. With all players available (check SS), https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Mx2qBtjr-VWRC4dozwOFYRkR8VmkBj3BYJZONHWn9c/edit#gid=1855792456 , I will also outline the big boys:

- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

- Jay O'Brien

- Shane Bowers

- Josh Brook

- Scott Perunovich

- Jacob Bryson

- Eric Comrie

- Julien Gauthier

- Adin Hill

- Alex Barre-Boulet

Again, every prospect is available, but those are the bigger guys. Considering I am happy with my playoff roster, I'm not looking to trade those guys for scrubs coming back (ie: Ukko-Pekka for a recent 5th round drafted player). I always expect playoff teams to overpay a little for a playoff asset, which I have been known to do (see: Dennis Rasmussen). So I am willing to do what's necessary to set myself apart from another team.

So when you say back on the 25th will you be active on deadline day? 

Do ASG stats count in fantasy? That's a thing right?

Congrats to Central All Stars Landeskog (4 + 3), Rantanen (4 + 2), O'Reilly (2 + 5), Scheifele (1 + 0.. what a liability :) )

Happy with the Rangers so far - this Scheifele guy is apparently an alright hockey player so I am happy with the deal. The Muzzin to Toronto deal is promising, Maenalanen seeing NHL time is exciting with 4 + 2 in 13 games with the Canes & Murray hasn't been injured in 2 weeks.

We're looking to make a few moves prior to the deadline, though. New York wants to add a few younger players on ELC's, scoring depth, a cheaper back-up goalie option and possibly swap a couple defensemen for younger options.

On the block in New York: Matt Niskanen, Carl Hagelin, Nate Thompson, Mike Matheson, Brandon Saad, picks & prospects.

Dougie Hamilton could also be moved but would look for a young NHLer(s) in return.

Open to anything, though. 

• Upvote 1

ECE20F91-72DD-4919-B052-68801FFF5459.jpe

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed the following prospects to 3 year ELCs, starting next season:

Patrick Harper - 3 years, $2.655M ($0.885M AAV) 

Connor Ingram - 3 years, $2.055M ($0.685M AAV)

Tanner Laczynski - 3 years, $2.055M ($0.685M AAV)

@Tigs

@Monty

L.A. has 2 impending UFA D-men from Tampa Bay - Dan Girardi, and Braydon Coburn. Both currently sitting with 93 Fpts (on pace for 156). Girardi has a NTC, but open to offers on Coburn, who has no clause, and only a $2.1M cap hit.

Hoping to add a 2019 pick or two.

ECE20F91-72DD-4919-B052-68801FFF5459.jpe

The Ottawa Senators have signed the following prospects to 3 year ELCs, starting next season:

Cody Glass - 3 years, $5.325M ($1.775M AAV)

Ivan Lodnia 3 years, $2.655M ($0.885M AAV) 

Morgan Geekie 3 years, $2.655M ($0.885M AAV) 

Antoine Morand 3 years, $2.655M ($0.885M AAV) 

Emil Bemstrom 3 years, $2.055M ($0.685M AAV)

@ActionJax09

@Monty

• Upvote 2

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!

Are you tired? Irritable? Do people find you difficult to be around and/or boring? 

Well, chances are you are all those things, and nothing will help you. You’ll just have to live with it. However, if you need a young goalie for the future and you don’t have Thatcher Demko or Ilya Sorokin, then reach out to the Carolina Hurricanes.

Since I’m pretty much done setting my playoff roster, I’d be looking for forward or defensive prospects in return.

Ukko-(little)Pekka Luukkonen

Adin “Don’t make a mountain out of a mole” Hill

Eric “Ex brother in-law of Hillary Duff” Comrie

“Double L” Collin Delia

Ivan “The Terrible” Nalimov

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Monty said:

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!

Are you tired? Irritable? Do people find you difficult to be around and/or boring? 

Well, chances are you are all those things, and nothing will help you. You’ll just have to live with it. However, if you need a young goalie for the future and you don’t have Thatcher Demko or Ilya Sorokin, then reach out to the Carolina Hurricanes.

Since I’m pretty much done setting my playoff roster, I’d be looking for forward or defensive prospects in return.

Ukko-(little)Pekka Luukkonen

Does the Yuupi Looki include shipping?