The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

Carolina Hurricanes Depth/Bubble Players OTB

All the below available for a combo of pick(s).

Forwards:

Kenny Agostino: 26 years old ($950k), current NHL player on the Montreal Canadiens. 11 points in 36 games this season.
Keegan Kolesar: Tough guy to trade, mostly because he's a Winnipeg boy. 3rd round draft pick in 2015 who's currently in the AHL (Vegas affiliate). He's a bruiser. Will primarily be used for PIMs and crash and bang points.
Nathan Smith: 2018 3rd round draft pick by the Winnipeg Jets. 34 points in 38 games for Cedar Rapids.
Jayden Halbgewachs: 21 year old undrafted forward, who plays on the second line for the San Jose AHL affiliate. First year in the league and has 24 points in 39 games.
Fredrik Olofsson: 22 year old Chicago Blackhawks 4th round pick in 2014. He's in his last year in college, and currently leading University of Omaha in points, with 30 in 24 games.
Carsen Twarynski: 21 year old Philly 3rd round pick in 2016. Playing on the 4th line in the AHL, with 15 points in 43 games.  Plays with an edge and tries to mold his game off of "The Rat".

Defensemen:

Jonathan Kovacevic: 2017 Winnipeg Jets 3rd round draft pick. Plays for Merrimack College. Massive defenseman, who leads the team on the backend, with 14 points in 24 games. 5 points from eclipsing career high, which he has 12 games to do.
Jacob Bryson: Buffalo Sabres 2017 4th round pick. Leads all defensemen on Providence with 20 points in 28 games. 100% offensive forward. Watched him play a week (or so) ago. I'm no scout, but loved his speed and vision. PP goal he scored was a nice slapper.
Alex Lintuniemi: 23 year old, 2014 LA 2nd round draft pick. 16 points in 41 games. On pace to eclipse career high of 24 points. Kings know how to draft and develop players who make the NHL.
Alexandre Carrier: 22 year old, Nashville 4th round pick in 2015. Plays on the 2nd pair in the AHL. Always been an offensive defenseman. Has had to work at being responsible defensively. Having a better year this year than last year, as last year's team was brutal overall.
Dennis Gilbert: 2015 3rd round pick by the Blackhawks. More defensive, and has been compared to Hjalmarsson. First year in the AHL after spending 3 seasons with Notre Dame. 
Mac Hollowell: 2018 4th round pick by the Maple Leafs. The offensive defenseman has 58 points in 46 games (including 19 goals). Noice.

Goalies:

Eric Comrie: Cannot trade him until July 27th (offer sheet not matched), but can agree to a trade beforehand and trade at that point. Eric has been steamrolling lately, with a .921% save percentage. LOVE Comrie, but with Hart and DeSmith, my crease is set. And with Comrie either getting traded IRL due to Brossoit (or Brossoit getting traded), he'll be an NHL backup next year. But no room in my lineup going forward, so I feel like I need to make room for him.

Ivan Nalimov: Chicago Blackhawks 2014 6th round pick. Last year in the KHL and will be signing with the Hawks shortly. With Crawford's long term status up in the air, and Cam Ward not signed beyond this season, the belief is he'll either be the starter in the AHL, or challenge for the backup job for the Hawks.

Collin Delia: Ah, Delia. Backing up Ward in the NHL. Has rocketed up the depth chart in Chicago, and currently has a .922% save percentage. Signed an extension with me as he was an RFA, but was also clear that he didn't want more than a year as he wanted to have a backup role soon.

Unlikely Goalie to be traded:

Karel Vejmelka: 2015 5th round pick by the Preds. Going to be clear, here. While not as well known as the above guys, I'm not too inclined to trade Karel. Those who know me, know that I know goalies better than any other position, as I played it for so long. I've followed Vejmelka very closely over the years (like all my goalies), and I know his potential. He's crossing the pond this year to be the starter in the AHL next year. So, if I do trade him, I'm not underselling him because he's unknown to most. He would cost higher than people are likely willing to pay. All the other goalies I'm making available, people are aware of who they are and what their worth is (as I do). But Karel is unknown to most. This is more of a prospect update than anything. If you want him, absolutely reach out and we can discuss (like all the rest available).

12 hours ago, Monty said:

78A5A9C2-F7F2-40E1-A43A-99E9EA04A7B5.jpeg

The Vancouver Canucks have extended Jeff Petry to a 4 year contract extension, worth $23M ($5.75M AAV). Deal comes with a full NMC in the first 4 years, and a 10 team trade list LNTC in the final year.

@Primal Optimist

@Nail

Have to admit, we had to pay a bit more than we would have liked, but at the end of the day, Jeff is a worthy player for this salary, and we are lucky to have him in the room, and locked up tight for three or four years. This deal being signed was a great highlight to the last 24 hours but then I found out Brian Boyle is now a Predator, and most likely playoff bound!! This solves my problem of how to get a predator in the lineup before the playoffs. ; )

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

It’s alright, you received soon to be extended Kronwall in return. :lol: 

Kronwall and Boyle have had about the same solid production since the trade. And I figured both would be moved at the deadline. But Detroit keeping NK would be...well...crappy.

Going into the deadline!

BOLD on the block

Kreider - Tavares - Dadonov

Greenway - Krejci - Frk

Malgin - Wallmark - Acciari

Walker - Koivu - Da Costa

Phaneuf - Heiskanen

Del Zotto - Engelland

Nutivaara - Lajoie

Lehner

Nilsson

@Nail

Anything is available though other than Tavares and Heiskanen.

Edited by inane
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Monty said:

AFA09336-DF3B-4918-A148-26A9ED2B883F.jpeg

The Calgary Flames have signed Joel “That” Persson to a 2 year contract, worth $2M ($1M AAV).

@BM24

@Nail

Thanks to Monty for the quick negotiations.

We are pleased to add another young, steadily improving defenseman that fits into the age of our core moving forward. Joel Persson went from playing in Sweden's D1 league, to putting up 34pts in 51gp for a 0.67 pts/game in the SHL the following year as a defenseman. He is following up that production this year with 23pts in 39gp. The reason why we are so impressed with him following up that production this year? No Elias Pettersson on the roster.

We were more than pleased to see such fast, steady development and were willing to take a flyer on him.

Next year could be a real battle to make the Calgary Flames defense next year, as we have an abundance of players that could make the jump:

Shayne Gostisbehere

Roman Josi

Justin Schultz

Marco Scandella

Henri Jokiharju

Erik Brannstrom

Sami Niku

Matthew Benning

Joel Persson

Sebastian Aho

Vladislav Gavrikov

Edited by BM24

52 minutes ago, Monty said:

AB5F6389-3067-4B7E-9D73-4565D40AC26F.jpeg

The Calgary Flames have extended forward Jake Guentzel to an 8 year contract, worth $56M ($7M AAV).

@BM24

@Nail

Very happy to get this deal done and out of the way for both parties, to focus on the rest of the season ahead. This deal came together and was signed and sealed in mere minutes. Thanks to Monty again for the quickness of the negotiations.

Jake is a huge part of our core going forward and we had to get him locked up for the future. In one of our best trades as a franchise, acquiring Jake for Damon Severson, we have not looked back and have fell in love with Jake's game. He only seems to be improving as the seasons go by, as well. It was essential to retain him for this franchises best interests.

2 minutes ago, JimLahey said:

Pre-deadline deal in the works in New York. Potential for numerous young assets leaving the Rangers organization in exchange for a playoff upgrade.

Did you happen to get a goaltender who doesn’t hang out with Sami Salo?

• Cheers 1

Eric Comrie (while deal cannot be announced until July 27th) is now off the market.

Other goalies like Nalimov, Delia, Vejmelka (sort of), Adin Hill, and Matthew “World Junior’s” Villalta are all still available, no matter how many goalies get traded.

Ukko-Pekka moving is becoming less likely.