The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Connor Carrick to Stars for conditional 7th-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Maple Leafs trade Connor Carrick to Stars for 7th-round pick
1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Meanwhile Benning got nothing for Corrado.  So incompetent.

Dubas = GENIUS #assetmanager

Absolutely. Cue the Leafs can do no wrong parade. Cue the "finding a place for the young kid to continue his career". All the while forgetting what they did to Corrado. 

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

As a Canucks fan, I dislike the Leafs as much as anyone, but got to give TOR credit for not sitting on their hands. They're acquiring picks for next year, something the Canucks should be doing.

They tried to trade Corrado, and probably looked into trying to move Gagner as well before waiving him.  Who knows, perhaps they have a contingent deal in place if he clears, like we did with Pedan/Pouliot.

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

As a Canucks fan, I dislike the Leafs as much as anyone, but got to give TOR credit for not sitting on their hands. They're acquiring picks for next year, something the Canucks should be doing.

Meh. It's all about having a buyer. You cant  sell something nobody wants or can get for free. Stars simply wanted Carrick enough to throw a pick at TO. Even then sometimes its worth a gamble to not trade and attempt keep the asset thought waivers. 

Not sure how anyone can look at this other than "who gives a s***?"

Basically, the Leafs just bet the Stars that this piece of garbage wont last 50 games before they realize he sucks.  The Stars are willing to wager a 6th round pick (basically, an elite ECHL'er) that he plays more than 50 on that crappy defense.  Both teams are probably going to get absolutely nothing out of this trade.

Am I missing something beyond that?

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Hmmm, a 7th for a guy they weren’t going to sign (Vesey). And a 7th for a guy they were going to put on waivers. Not exactly a home run. A sacrifice bunt. Lol. These will add up and eventually get an nhl player. 

Wasn't Carrick the guy many Leafs fans thought was enough for Tanev? Does this make Tanev worth only a 7th? :P....maybe in T.O. haha

10 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Not sure how anyone can look at this other than "who gives a s***?"

Basically, the Leafs just bet the Stars that this piece of garbage wont last 50 games before they realize he sucks.  The Stars are willing to wager a 6th round pick (basically, an elite ECHL'er) that he plays more than 50 on that crappy defense.  Both teams are probably going to get absolutely nothing out of this trade.

Am I missing something beyond that?

You aren't wrong.  Pretty similar to us trading for Larsen.

20 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

the Leafs gave up a 5th in the deal to get Carrick.

when they were supposed to be 'stockpiling allz tha pickzz'.   threw a 5th in, 'like candy.'  ate a cap dump and got a pick for Winnik.

now get a mere 7th for Carrick

such tragic micro asset management.

if this were Bennig, the whinge-o-rama would be in full spin. 

Archived