The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The start of a HOF career

Gator

5 hours ago, linden17 said:

embarrassing fan base we have sometimes. i guess every team has these types. 1 game .....1 FRICKEN GAME and we have somebody posting he is a hall of famer.

But he's on pace for a 164 points season.....

Eyepoke.gif.37a479ef5363a8ce93a7c4d1d69df08d.gif

3 hours ago, smokes said:

A fan base who are passionate about their hockey and having this base fall in love with a rookie? That's embarrassing? No, embarrassing would be if this happened and no one cared.

Dont go all CNN on me and only tell half of what i said. I have no problem with falling in love and being excited for any of our guys. Thats not my issue. To say a player is a HOF after 1 game is asinine. These types of reactions just make people look foolish. Ive already read on forums that the kid should be captain. Like come on. If youre not an educated fan at least act like it or maybe dont say anything.

3 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Dont go all CNN on me and only tell half of what i said. I have no problem with falling in love and being excited for any of our guys. Thats not my issue. To say a player is a HOF after 1 game is asinine. These types of reactions just make people look foolish. Ive already read on forums that the kid should be captain. Like come on. If youre not an educated fan at least act like it or maybe dont say anything.

I think everyone knows it was only 1 game man.  People are essentially admitting that they're being ridiculous and don't care because they're excited.

Don't let it bug you.  Not only does this happen around the league but also in other sports.  I follow MMA for example and I swear every 5 or 6 months is "the biggest fight in UFC history" lol

9 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Why insult a fan base for being excited? Why are people saying this? Because they are excited, let them be why need to insult?

2 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I think everyone knows it was only 1 game man.  People are essentially admitting that they're being ridiculous and don't care because they're excited.

Don't let it bug you.  Not only does this happen around the league but also in other sports.  I follow MMA for example and I swear every 5 or 6 months is "the biggest fight in UFC history" lol

I realize its one game and people are excited. Ive also been around long enough to realize that some of these people are 100% serious. I dont take them serious as fans and thats just me. I understand that because we have been for the most part a big ticket draw around the league for the better part of 18 years that we have grown our fan base quite large. Downside to that is it brings in a lot of on the fence fans who pose more than anything. its more evident then ever. I know it shouldnt get to me but it does because often they are the loudest voices and make the rest of us look like uneducated bandwagon jumpers.

16 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Oh come on - Edler is the next Lidstrom, Hodgson is our next captain, Virtanen is the next Bertuzzi - fast predictions by fans always end well....

wall.gif.416f56481dc6d77b47b5ff0dad2ac1b6.gif

3 minutes ago, linden17 said:

because its foolish, smokes. that`s why. It makes us look like the Toronto media.

Dude this is a forum, it's not like people are plastering this all over the newspapers or anything. Just a bunch of really excited fans who haven't really had anything to be excited about for a long time. No Sedins on the team, no superstars, Pettersson is hope. This HOF stuff is hope not foolishness.

2 minutes ago, smokes said:

Dude this is a forum, it's not like people are plastering this all over the newspapers or anything. Just a bunch of really excited fans who haven't really had anything to be excited about for a long time. No Sedins on the team, no superstars, Pettersson is hope. This HOF stuff is hope not foolishness.

Ill just strongly disagree. see Baggins quote right above you. That about sums up my point. You dont mind it and thats fine. It drives me nuts and thats also fine.

Not since Bure’s First shift have the Canucks’ faithful been so united in spirit and pride in an individual player. 

Whoever Brackett’s guys were who fought for that fateful EP choice at that draft should be recognized by fans as the MVPs of this management. The fanbase is indebted to these people, regardless. 

I actually worked up a tear after his first ever NHL goal because of what it signals for us diehards who love the sport and this team. These genesis-like defining moments are as slippery as they are rare, so enjoy. This is the part of the rebuild aspect which I have always liked best; the parts I remember most, as a fan of the sport. 

I still think Elias should be playing with Lippy, but now that Goldy has produced in that slot, no pun intended, I don’t expect any change, barring injuries.

Speaking of, they might want to Gino-up whichever line EP is on, for health insurance for the kid. 

12 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

NO YOU SETTLE DOWN. EP IS LITERALLY THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME

Whoa...pull the jock off your nose pal...and get some oxygen. lol JK

I can understand your excitement. And I like the kid too. But this was Calgary. Lets get into the season where we play the post season boys not the bottom feeders where we like to hang out. And not the preseason boys who are just inexperienced players looking to get on a team. Then we will see.  MmmK

I heard them mention the twins will likely be in the ring of honour next season. I'm curious if we see them delay the twins jersey retirement for when the kids they helped along become older and more established. 

It would be sweet to raise their jerseys to the rafters after the team has a deep playoff run or wins a cup. The young players would really appreciate it more at that time.

I thought for sure their jerseys would go up next year so I was surprised to hear that. Have we heard anything official on the matter? 

Rafters or ring of honour?

Archived