The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your opinion on Canucks going back to Green Day Holiday Goal Song

Roberts

What do you think?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Undrafted said:

but I miss the days when there weren't "goal songs" or intro songs or anything else besides an organist. :P

lol you old fart get out of here! You probably cant stand those fancy new bendy sticks all the kids use now too!

j/k

I'm a big fan of a well timed organ cover song.  Hearing "Kashmir" on pipe organ during some random face off made my day

14 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'd prefer the Canucks stay away from anyone as problematic as Gary Glitter. 

I could dig Seven Nation Army though. Then we could get the entire crowd singing along with it.

Other than some of the older crowd on here, does anyone even know who Gary Glitter is or that he is a convicted pedophile and registered sex offender in the UK. It's too bad because that song is great for sports.

7 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Other than some of the older crowd on here, does anyone even know who Gary Glitter is or that he is a convicted pedophile and registered sex offender in the UK. It's too bad because that song is great for sports.

His most recent conviction was in 2015. So it’s not like it’s ancient history. 

The song is good but I’d prefer not to be reminded of pedophilia every time a player scores.

11 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

FarflungWhimsicalDolphin-size_restricted

:lol: I should've seen that coming (much like the organist in the movie)

10 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I'm a big fan of a well timed organ cover song.  Hearing "Kashmir" on pipe organ during some random face off made my day

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have mentioned the organist.  I was mostly trying to say I preferred the days when we didn't have canned music cranked through the PA all the time.  I just liked it better when the home team scores, a horn goes off and the sound you hear after that is the crowd cheering.

I'm a big fan of Clutch. Can't wait to see them next Monday at the Commodore. So I miss 'Vamanos'. However I don't miss the CDC neg rep button after admitting that:ph34r:. I Just liked that we had a unique goal song and was happy that they kept it as DSedin's when they went to the song per player approach.

Anyway, my vote would have been to sick with a song per player, as I found that hilarious.

Archived