The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Anthony Stolarz - PHI Goalie

Rush17

14 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I dont think we’ll take a sniff. JB pribably wants to see what we have with a healthy D corps. Nilsson just came off a world cup where he was excellent, Markstrom looked wired in wednesday. We’re not on the market just yet. 

Nilsson had a top D in front of him at worlds, so there’s that. 

26 minutes ago, lmm said:

Played4 games last year.

Was he injured?

Yes, serious knee injury early last season forced him to basically sit out the entire season last year.

Not sure if Stolarz would be worth the roster headache of claiming him: he *might* be a marginal improvement on Nilsson and if claimed, that means that the Canucks would have to re-arrange the goalies at the minor league level.  I've heard Bachman's been a good mentor to Demko down in Utica, so I'm not sure they'd want to banish him to the ECHL to make room for Nilsson.

Stolarz was once a possible future starter for Philly. But some serious injury concerns and the rise of Carter Hart has made him expendable.

He did look really good in the preseason though. Maybe LA takes him? Upgrade on Jack Campbell.

33 minutes ago, Undrafted said:

Yes, serious knee injury early last season forced him to basically sit out the entire season last year.

Not sure if Stolarz would be worth the roster headache of claiming him: he *might* be a marginal improvement on Nilsson and if claimed, that means that the Canucks would have to re-arrange the goalies at the minor league level.  I've heard Bachman's been a good mentor to Demko down in Utica, so I'm not sure they'd want to banish him to the ECHL to make room for Nilsson.

This.

5 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

JB pribably wants to see what we have with a healthy D corps.

Think he had 82 chances to see that last year.  I know they weren't all healthy but it's the exact same D as last year lol.

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Think he had 82 chances to see that last year.  I know they weren't all healthy but it's the exact same D as last year lol.

we also now have sautner juolevi mceneny brisebois chatfield biega to fill in here and there so its much better than last year, they've all had one more year of experience

23 hours ago, Undrafted said:

Well the Marlies are down 2 goalies :P

Archived