The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser playing scared?

Makaramel MacKhiato

Playing scared? Nah. Playing cautious? Probably.

Boeser is a smart player. He knows where to go to to score goals and has a heavy shot and accuracy to put the puck where he wants to. Also, somewhat underrated is his ability to make plays. 

I think he will be fine.

He hit the post with that wicked backhand, and his linemates have been equally as bad.  I pointed out in another thread, that he is simply not going to the open ice, and his linemates are simply not getting him the puck.  That shot is still there.  He just needs to use it.

If the Pettersson line wasn't doing so good, I would say try Boeser with him. But right now, Green probably doesn't want to mess that line up.

Boeser is coming off a bad injury. It's only 2 games. His line as a whole is doing all that well. Possibly, because of tougher matchups. Patience is required. He's a smart player with a deadly shot.

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Have you seen how big his biceps are this year? Try add upper body muscle without involving your back at all.

An incline bench or seated curls has proper back posture, these athletes have professional trainers who know what they are dealing with in specific regimes tailored for the athlete.

How you do your curls ( if you lift ) needs to be addressed if you are using a lot of back action.

Stupid post.

All hockey players deal with injuries and heavy physical contact.

If they were 'scared' they would not be playing the game.

Is Boeser a little awkward getting his legs moving and regaining a smooth skating motion after having a near catastrophic injury?

Is he watching the opposing team's players a little more closely to make sure he doesn't get nailed and re-injured?

Of course.

He's been told by the coach and team doctors he will take some time to get back to 100%... in the meantime they also have undoubtedly told him to play a little conservatively and protect himself until he feels right.

That injury was probably scary AF for him.

It may take him a quarter or half a season to round back into his game.  

Is getting of wrist surgery too.

Brock will be fine.  Skills are too good, vision for the game is too good.

Has been one of our worst forwards so far though, but it will come back to him.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who is the friggin’ moron that wrote this piece of Troll craparolla?  Boeser is a hyper competitive athlete.  He’s not like us.  The reporter (moron) is scared.  

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Two games.  Reporter getting a jump on the legal marijuana and indulging on the job.

3 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

That would be Harrison Mooney

I don’t think boeser is play scared it’s more opposition figured they have to close on him quick and don’t give him any space or chance to shoot. So he’s gonna have to figure out how to make those space coz his line mates obviously ain’t making it for him

2 hours ago, magicman12 said:

Seen tape on his right wrist, he might be playing hurt.

I saw that wrap on his right wrist too.  Keep in mind that in addition to his back, he had wrist surgery for the 2nd time in the off season.  !st was in 2016 while in college.

21 minutes ago, NucksCelts said:

I feel like people underestimate the effect of injuries. He’s missed his entire offseason, and started the season behind the curve. It’s been two games. Give him some time to get back in mid season shape. He’ll be just fine. 

Not everyone can be Sami "Balls of Steel" Salo who was as good as new every time they came back.

Archived