The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser playing scared?

Makaramel MacKhiato

Honestly after last year and him beeing so dangerous every shift hes got no space out there at all but with EP on another line best believe brock wont have the top checking lines matched up against him for long ....you can see it on all his forced shots in the first 2 games theres zero space for him he will be ok once the opposing coaches realize EP is much more dangerous

3 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Honestly after last year and him beeing so dangerous every shift hes got no space out there at all but with EP on another line best believe brock wont have the top checking lines matched up against him for long ....you can see it on all his forced shots in the first 2 games theres zero space for him he will be ok once the opposing coaches realize EP is much more dangerous

Last year, the BBB line was the 2nd line and faced like opposition.  This year, they're #1 for now.

Was it the last preseason game this year when Green put together Goldy, Pettersson and Boeser and they looked dangerous as bleep?  Sooner or later, I think that this will be the Canucks top line.  The thing is, if Green puts them together, is Pettey ready for top match-ups?  There is no doubt in my mind that we're looking at the future 1C.

Like you say, the opposition will decide who they are going to match their top defenders with.  Green may well not have the choice.

The other strategic point would be to keep the so called skill lines balanced.  In this way, together they would be harder to defend.

2 hours ago, 6string said:

An incline bench or seated curls has proper back posture, these athletes have professional trainers who know what they are dealing with in specific regimes tailored for the athlete.

How you do your curls ( if you lift ) needs to be addressed if you are using a lot of back action.

Did I say a lot of back action? No. I said you can't add that much upper body muscle without "involving" the back. It's all connected when working the upper body. Even with arm curls back muscles are at work. 

23 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The other strategic point would be to keep the so called skill lines balanced.  In this way, together they would be harder to defend.

IMO. This would make more sense as it will balance out the threats for each line and make the opposing team have a harder time by having to try and shut them both down. Right now we need the triple B line to get in sync and give the Canucks that one / two punch before EP's line becomes the main focus.

Not a fan of loading up a line while playing 5 on 5. Save that for the PP.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who is the friggin’ moron that wrote this piece of Troll craparolla?  Boeser is a hyper competitive athlete.  He’s not like us.  The reporter (moron) is scared.  

He used to write for Pass it to Bulis. He wrote a piece on Ovechkin after the Caps won the cup and pretty much thrashed Ovi for partying with the cup. He just came off like he thinks himself as a better person than Ovi or something like that. I mean im sure if Harrison Mooney won the cup he wouldnt party because he`s too cool........i mean that. he probably wouldnt.

37 minutes ago, Brovat said:

The Canucks have scored 9 goals in 2 games and Brock hasn’t got one yet. Whatever. This is a good problem. 

Yeah pretty soon EP will get the hardest matchup and free up Boeser to start burying them again.

Then the opposition will have to go back to putting the top defensive matchups against Boeser amd again freeing up EP.

Pretty soon they'll be double shifting to cover both EP and Boeser and that's when we unleash our strongest weapon, Jay Beagle.

We will go 81-1 this year.

2 hours ago, linden17 said:

He used to write for Pass it to Bulis. He wrote a piece on Ovechkin after the Caps won the cup and pretty much thrashed Ovi for partying with the cup. He just came off like he thinks himself as a better person than Ovi or something like that. I mean im sure if Harrison Mooney won the cup he wouldnt party because he`s too cool........i mean that. he probably wouldnt.

The obvious byproduct of swallowing the pablum dished up by other VCR legends such as Gallagher, Botchturd, Prattt etc.

Then he’ll whine that the players involved won’t give him any meaningful quotes.

10 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Obviously it's only the 2nd game, but even watching in Preseason, it seems that something is slightly off with Boeser. 

This article focuses on many things, but one of the things is a comparative between Boeser and Hamhuis, and that Boeser is likely playing scared after is traumatizing injury last season: https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/harrison-mooney-brock-boeser-looks-tentative-a-lot-riding-on-elias-pettersson

It does seem like he isn't getting his hands dirty as much as last year. Even the final 2 goals for the Flames were because Boeser lost a puck battle. 

Do you think he's playing scared? If so, how long do you think it'll last?

edit: for the record I don't think he's playing scared, I think teams are just focused in on him more, especially with the Sedin's gone. They're limiting his shots drastically. But eyes on Brock leads to the eyes being of Pettersson. 

Garbage article designed by the media hacks to drive some controversy. 

Boeser is working his way back into form. 

Hope he has the wisdom to ignore the media, good and bad and just focus on his game. 

Boeser will be fine. 

But I would like to see him get some minutes with EP and Goldie. 

I think that line would be great despite none of them being known puckhounds. 

We would just need to keep Gudbranson out there more often to police the ice. 

1. It's only 2 games.

2. There's such a thing called the sophomore slump which makes his current slump pretty normal in the NHL.

3. He hit the post last game. He beat the goalie, so that should at least be some encouragement I would think.

13 hours ago, Baggins said:

Yet he added 10 lbs of muscle. Pretty impressive with a 'broken back'.

Well it appears he added 10lbs of "something" :P

Personally I don't think he is playing scared at all. He does not seem to shirk physical contact or shy away from the boards, he just doesn't seem to have the same edge or sharpness. I think his "lack" of his normal training regime due to injury has maybe bulked him up a bit more than is necessary.

0XjeSRO.png

Almost a year later at the pre season interviews

h4fgpOQ.png

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Well it appears he added 10lbs of "something" :P

Personally I don't think he is playing scared at all. He does not seem to shirk physical contact or shy away from the boards, he just doesn't seem to have the same edge or sharpness. I think his "lack" of his normal training regime due to injury has maybe bulked him up a bit more than is necessary.

0XjeSRO.png

Almost a year later at the pre season interviews

h4fgpOQ.png

alright........stop being a dick. lol . we all know that this may be really good. even i know this. Just Go Canucks Go. cmon man.

Archived