The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser playing scared?

Makaramel MacKhiato

He is recovering from an injury - and even the best players in the league can take 10-20 games to get over an injury.  So lets talk after a quarter season, and see how he is playing at that point.

btw:  an injury to a back - where he couldn't move his legs - is NOT an insignificant injury.  He is young and will get through it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't back to full strength until half way through the season.  

haha I guess it works into the stealth tank plan...  next year OJ and QH should help on D, so really we want Boeser back to full strength next year with an injury free season this year!

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Just stumbled on thread for first time.   Just the concept that someone in media could suggest this crap.   Utter crap.   Wow.   Just wow.

He was playing scared though during preseason and early season. He shied away from contact on every play. He's obviously gotten a bit of his confidence back now though. Completely different player. 

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

He was playing scared though during preseason and early season. He shied away from contact on every play. He's obviously gotten a bit of his confidence back now though. Completely different player. 

OMG,  you actually believe this.    You think he was "scared"?    Not having confidence is not being "scared".    

OMG.  This place sometimes.    Scared.   :rolleyes:

I don't think scared is the correct word, more like careful. After dealing with that type of injury its normal to sort of overthink things. It usually messes with your timing because you aren't letting your body just run on instinct. He'll be fine, but it'll take a bit to get back to how it felt when he played without thinking. My 2 cents. 

On 12/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, Googlie said:

Building Brock now up on YouTube:

Is there any place to watch this? Was in the pub for the game when it was on and couldn't hear it. I've googled and could only find the preview video.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, Googlie said:

Building Brock now up on YouTube:

I watched this and Brock seems to genuinely be a great human being. The fact that he stuck with his team and potentially losing out a spot on team USA (if there was ever any doubt) just goes to show his character, loyalty, and team mentality. I can't see him being the type that will care more about himself than the team and hopefully that shows when it comes to contract talks. This doesn't mean we try and take advantage of this situation, but hopefully it will never come down to a Nylander type situation.

For some reason, I feel like Gaudette has a similar mindset as well. At first I thought he would be a great trade piece to maybe help us bolster our defense, but it's hard to trade what could be a very good team guy and good teamwork as a whole overcomes individual talent often (see Vegas).

You can tell what's a priority when it comes to drafting by Benning. Hopefully nice guys don't always finish last though.

21 hours ago, Samgagner'sface said:

I don't think scared is the correct word, more like careful. After dealing with that type of injury its normal to sort of overthink things. It usually messes with your timing because you aren't letting your body just run on instinct. He'll be fine, but it'll take a bit to get back to how it felt when he played without thinking. My 2 cents. 

My thoughts too.  I was thinking of more the word "cautious". But careful covers it.   I think its natural in that kind of case. Its just a shame that kind of serious scary thing happened so soon in his career. And it could very well be having an effect on his play, even if subconsciously. That OP was written in early October. And I still see the Brock is not playing at the same level as last season. Not the same joie de vivre at least.  But look at McDavid who had a relatively bad injury in his first season too. Like Brock, the injury kept him out of the top rookie race. Lets hope that like McDavid, Boeser will not allow that to be more than a speed bump in his development.

On 12/12/2018 at 9:38 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Just stumbled on thread for first time.   Just the concept that someone in media could suggest this crap.   Utter crap.   Wow.   Just wow.

Typical vancouver media trying to sell something that isn't there with using fear...  the something being their jobs..

Archived