The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trevor Linden set to speak with Sportsnet 650 Tomorrow Morning @ 6AM

Rush17

I start work at 6am I'll be tuning in as I start my shift! The audio should be on their website or Sportsnet app. I'll see if I can link it when avaliable tomorrow if I get time on break. ::D

Rick D will be in studio as he does an hourly sportscast during that slot.  Hope you enjoy. Should be interesting getting Linden's take on his departure.

Hopefully this means Trevor will be attending the twins jersey ceremony next season in the 50th year! Cheers!

Interesting. 

Is it going to be the sanitized company-line type interview where Trevor puts the team/franchise first like he has his entire career?  Or will he name names and say what we all are thinking anyway? 

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Interesting. 

Is it going to be the sanitized company-line type interview where Trevor puts the team/franchise first like he has his entire career?  Or will he name names and say what we all are thinking anyway? 

It's on SN650. Likely going to be typical Linden lawyer speak. If he was on 1040 I'd wager he would be open book about things.

Do MG & TL have a decent relationship? Could see the league going with these two, in a PNW market; to enhance the natural rivalry, & draw some fans/loyalists from the Lower Rainland.

Burke seems to have his fingers in pies too. Guys like McPhee(Vegas) worked with him. Him & TL are pretty tight. Linden is a corporate type, I'm afraid. Didn't he back Goodenow(to the chagrin of an NHLPA sub-group) as NHLPA  leader? League likes working with such guys.

When Torts got his most recent gig in CBJ, just a wk or two prior he did some lame mea culpa(for his Canuck antics), while doing colour for the Jackets! They use the media to clean up messes, then appointment/announcements seem to soon follow...

16 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

It's on SN650. Likely going to be typical Linden lawyer speak. If he was on 1040 I'd wager he would be open book about things.

I don't think that Linden would throw anybody under the bus regardless.  He's all class.  He's had some time to decompress and relax.

FA had a good interview on 650 last week and came out with some good lines.  He said that he lets the managers manage and goes along with their plans.  He also said that he has never blocked a trade and that some people say different things to try to explain how things happened.  But that the assertion that he blocked trades is crap.  This directly contradicts what Gillis said in his 1040 interview.  

Is 650 more Canucks friendly?  Probably.  They also get better access and are less biased against the team.  Negativity clearly gets a stronger reaction from the fans.

Very interested in this interview.

Just now, Crabcakes said:

I don't think that Linden would throw anybody under the bus regardless.  He's all class.  He's had some time to decompress and relax.

FA had a good interview on 650 last week and came out with some good lines.  He said that he lets the managers manage and goes along with their plans.  He also said that he has never blocked a trade and that some people say different things to try to explain how things happened.  But that the assertion that he blocked trades is crap.  This directly contradicts what Gillis said in his 1040 interview.  

Is 650 more Canucks friendly?  Probably.  They also get better access and are less biased against the team.  Negativity clearly gets a stronger reaction from the fans.

Very interested in this interview.

Gillis has nothing whatsoever to lose!  Aquilini on the other hand....

I don’t see a lot of truth or inside info coming out of this.

Not his style and it is the team broadcast partner.

Mutually agreed to part ways... blah blah blah...

The Canucks are doing the right thing.. it is all about the process... be patient... blah blah blah...

Linden is my second favorite player after Henrik Sedin but to be totally honest I don't miss him at all. The current management team seems to work very well and they come across as being honest. Linden sounded fake a lot of the time, never thought I would ever say that but there it is.

49 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

Why would what Linden says vary across station?

I could certainly see how SN650  would loft more softball questions/not press him on non-answers compared to 1040, but I don't see any reason why Linden would be different across the two stations.

I really don't think it is Linden's style to throw shade at a former employer, especially when several months have gone by and he'll be less emotional. 

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t see a lot of truth or inside info coming out of this.

Not his style and it is the team broadcast partner.

Mutually agreed to part ways... blah blah blah...

The Canucks are doing the right thing.. it is all about the process... be patient... blah blah blah...

Exactly my thoughts. Great minds.

Yes, it would totally be out of character for TL to start belly aching now. More likely was that he was 'encouraged' to do a spot on their affiliated station, to put out any lingering fires of conjecture as to why he left / was let go.  And so , even if he actually DID have some interesting irreconcilable disagreements with management,  we will never know. This sounds like he is dong one last favour for his team, for the good of the organization.

Not that I wouldn't love it if he came on barrels blazing.

Archived