The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary sportsnet host pokes fun at EP concussion

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

41 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

did anyone contact his boss with the info posted? got to be a bunch of angry CDC fans who would...

Ya we should get him fired, hopefully he never gets another job and his life is ruined over a silly post on Twitter. Wouldn’t that be great. Get a grip. 

That guy got promotion recently to Sportsnet Senior Columnist. He doesn't deserve it at all.

I hope every Canucks fans can voice our concern to stop this crown. His joke is disgusting and we need to voice up. Don't get bullied by this Calgary or Leaf Fan!

ALREADY emailed the Sportsnet Director to complain about this classless clown or you can try to contact the Rogers Executive team to report this Sportsnet employee behavior!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/contact-us/  

https://about.rogers.com/who-we-are/our-people-strategy/

Again ---> General Inquiries regarding SN 960 The FAN Radio in Calgary

You can email Program Director Kelly Kirch at kelly.kirch@rci.rogers.com
Switchboard: 403-246-9696

4 minutes ago, Canucks604A said:

That guy got promotion recently to Sportsnet Senior Columnist. He doesn't deserve it at all.

I hope every Canucks fans can voice our concern to stop this crown. His joke is disgusting and we need to voice up. Don't get bullied by this Calgary or Leaf Fan!

ALREADY emailed the Sportsnet Director to complain about this classless clown or you can try to contact the Rogers Executive team to report this Sportsnet employee behavior!

You're crazy, I bet you stalk your exes lol. If you've ever had one.

All jokes aside, everyone needs to calm tf down 

CDC isn't enjoyable at all right now. Its embarrassing tbh

6 minutes ago, Canucks604A said:

:picard:  now apparently we are being bullied. 

6 minutes ago, cyoung said:

It's classless, don't get me wrong... But come on lol, let's all just relax. I'm upset as the next guy but the sensitivity is a bit off putting. 

Our fanbase sticks up for EP more than his teammates did.  And I'm not going to stop sticking up for him.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Our fanbase sticks up for EP more than his teammates did.  And I'm not going to stop sticking up for him.

Thats fine, I just think we are being a bit reactionary here. We're upset that our star player was hurt by a senseless play, for sure. But it's time to tone down the reaction to a tweet by some plug. 

42 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Are you guys surprised everyone is losing it? This is Vancouver.  The protest city.

So glad I live in the Fraser valley with all the normal fans

As a fun way to pass time, I like to visualize some posters here as the various protesters from the movie PCU as I'm reading their comments. 

6 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

You're crazy, I bet you stalk your exes lol. If you've ever had one.

All jokes aside, everyone needs to calm tf down 

CDC isn't enjoyable at all right now. Its embarrassing tbh

No but it would be nice if the upper management know about this clown and teach him proper business manner.

Twitter isn't enjoyable at all right now. Its beyond embarassing tbh...

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We are not as crazy as Montreal, Philly or Boston fans.  If we don't voice our concerns... This will happen again...just want to show that we are still united as Canucks fan!!!

I liked beer. I still like beer!  cheers mate!

1 hour ago, rekker said:

It's about respect for the players and respect for the sport. Some of his Twitter fans are kids that need to learn to treat fellow players with class. If you are in the public eye and your opinion is your job you need to stay classy and not poke fun of serious injuries. I'm sure his bosses gave him what for and that's why he has responded to his critics. 

I saw it more poking fun at Matheson and how ridiculous the body slam was, but that's just me.

Just to put this in a comparable context, can anyone here imagine Shorthouse or Garrett posting a poll asking what Hamonic's favorite straw food is? 

Or the Rangers having asked the same question regarding Hamhuis' for that matter?

1) soup

2) fruit smoothie

3) vegetable juice

4) etc, etc.

Answer is an obvious and emphatic "no".   Simply can't imagine John and John stooping like that - while representing SN no less.

Its not just them listen to these azz hats almost half laughingly report? (Idk if they are real jounalists) They gave about the suspension and the injury,

CLEARLY no bias, CLEARLY leaf fans, CLEARLY laughing at the fanbase. Sportsnet again I guess its ok to have this kind of policy.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Just to put this in a comparable context, can anyone here imagine Shorthouse or Garrett posting a poll asking what Hamonic's favorite straw food is? 

Or the Rangers having asked the same question regarding Hamhuis' for that matter?

1) soup

2) fruit smoothie

3) vegetable juice

4) etc, etc.

Answer is an obvious and emphatic "no".   Simply can't imagine John and John stooping like that - while representing SN no less.

We're seriously spoiled with the Johns.  A couple of class acts and really deserve to work more nationally covered games.  Francis should take note of how real professionals act.

4 hours ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

As is evident in other threads, I am extremely upset about the "hit" by Matheson and I was really upset at the response by the Canucks...

But I have no problem with this.  It's just a joke, and I don't even think it is meant to be at "Pettersson's expense".  I think it is more of a comment on how the hit was more of a wrestling move than a hockey play, which I think we can all agree with.

You've clearly missed the entire context.  NOBODY has said there's anything wrong with the hit.  The issue was the unnecessary thrown-down afterwards, which was clearly in the vein of an emotional/vengeance response with intent to injure, and the league obviously concurred.

1 hour ago, fabiogooseface said:

Holy butthurt! It was a joke. Lighten up guys geeze. 

Question:  What if Neil MacRae had put out a poll asking what the "finishing move" Bertuzzi pulled on Moore should be called? 

Still laughing?  Think about it.

17 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

I saw it more poking fun at Matheson and how ridiculous the body slam was, but that's just me.

My guess is if that was the case then Francis may have been more clear about that in his apology. 

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

My guess is if that was the case then Francis may have been more clear about that in his apology. 

Just goes to show the level of mental capacity (let alone empathy) that runs throughout the media.  And it's well-reflected in the way they do their "apologies" and retractions, which are essentially, "I'm sorry... sorry only that lots of people got upset at my comments even though I fully stand by them but have been forced to say something, so here you go."

Archived