The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary sportsnet host pokes fun at EP concussion

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

1 minute ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Still don't care. People can say what they want. I don't see the point in getting offended.

People are free to state their opinions, but the difference is this guy is getting PAID for it.  In fact, in some cases even when a person is "off-shift" they are still responsible to the company they represent when they say and do questionable things.

20 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Its not just them listen to these azz hats almost half laughingly report? (Idk if they are real jounalists) They gave about the suspension and the injury,

CLEARLY no bias, CLEARLY leaf fans, CLEARLY laughing at the fanbase. Sportsnet again I guess its ok to have this kind of policy.

I can't be bothered to listen to the noise.

Honestly tried - and got about 5 seconds in and Kypreos is railing about too many "little fishies" in the NHL.

It's possible he's been saying this for years now.....that he mocked the concept of Marners and Nylanders floating around the goldfish bowl.  But I kinda doubt it - certainly would be interested to see how consistent his messaging is, but wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case.

But what I find annoying when I thought of why I turned this off - is that here we have the kind of disrespect we come to expect on message boards - ie we hear and make references to 'smurfs' etc on a regular basis in places like this - but I think there's a problem when that disrespect seeps into what used to be professional sports coverage.

Commentators like Kypreos - who played in an era when "little fishies" like Gretzky dominated the hockey world - imo should not be disrespecting players like Pettersson like this.  I come to expect it when it's internet babble, but I don't pay for access to networks like Sportsnet to listen to hacks refer to extremely young talent like Pettersson in patronizing terms like "little fishy" - any more than I subscribe to Sportsnet to have asshats form polls to reward viewers for naming the intent-to-injure move that concussed a young NHL star in the making - in what was clearly not a "hockey play".  

Unfortunately the lines between professional and internet troll is getting blurred to the point it's becoming a  single media.

35 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Its not just them listen to these azz hats almost half laughingly report? (Idk if they are real jounalists) They gave about the suspension and the injury,

CLEARLY no bias, CLEARLY leaf fans, CLEARLY laughing at the fanbase. Sportsnet again I guess its ok to have this kind of policy.

Dont know what these guys are going on about.

Isnt Marner listed at 175, Marchessault 175, Kucherov 175, Gaudreau is about 157 last time i checked.  These players are all star players. The point is once the guy is off of his feet you cant slam him to the ice with full force in an attempt to hurt the guy.  If there was no need to care about the player's safety once he was off his feet then really big guys like Burns, Chara, Big Buff would slam even "average" sized guys left right and center.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Who has said that?

Matt T83 for one, with Googlie backing him up. In one of the other threads on this topic. Might be hard to find Matt's original post as it seems to have been removed, maybe because he started it with something like "The mods are morons..."

What’s more shocking is the fact that this dirtbag is a father (or so says on his Twitter). So it’s all fun and games if it’s somebody else’s kid but I’m sure as hell you’d be singing a different tune if it was Johnny or your own kid. Get fired you unprofessional dimwit!

4 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Putting down other Canadian cities when our own city has more than its fair share of pitfalls only makes us look arrogant and conceited.

I don't care where this douchbag Francis is based...Calgary, Toronto, LA, NYC, New Orleans, Mexico City, Shanghai, wherever...the bottom line is comments like that from him are beyond inappropriate and he should be disciplined by his radio station. A young innocent player was that close to suffering a career-ending and life-changing injury and this Francis guy finds it necessary to see humor in that.

Ever heard of people from Vancouver retiring to Calgary or Toronto?  Their cities aren’t exactly attractive.  Ours is a million times better. 

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I can't be bothered to listen to the noise.

Honestly tried - and got about 5 seconds in and Kypreos is railing about too many "little fishies" in the NHL.

It's possible he's been saying this for years now.....that he mocked the concept of Marners and Nylanders floating around the goldfish bowl.  But I kinda doubt it - certainly would be interested to see how consistent his messaging is, but wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case.

But what I find annoying when I thought of why I turned this off - is that here we have the kind of disrespect we come to expect on message boards - ie we hear and make references to 'smurfs' etc on a regular basis in places like this - but I think there's a problem when that disrespect seeps into what used to be professional sports coverage.

Commentators like Kypreos - who played in an era when "little fishies" like Gretzky dominated the hockey world - imo should not be disrespecting players like Pettersson like this.  I come to expect it when it's internet babble, but I don't pay for access to networks like Sportsnet to listen to hacks refer to extremely young talent like Pettersson in patronizing terms like "little fishy" - any more than I subscribe to Sportsnet to have asshats form polls to reward viewers for naming the intent-to-injure move that concussed a young NHL star in the making - in what was clearly not a "hockey play".  

Unfortunately the lines between professional and internet troll is getting blurred to the point it's becoming a  single media.

Kypreos would know a thing or two about floundering on the ice

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ever heard of people from Vancouver retiring to Calgary or Toronto?  Their cities aren’t exactly attractive.  Ours is a million times better. 

Half of Calgary’s population is made up of former Vancouverites and Torontonians. The city still sucks though :lol:

Part of the fun of cheering for your team is also being able to sometimes stay stupid things about your oponents team. 

Lord knows that is the primary purpose of this space.

I refuse to have to say nice things about Flames, Oilers or their fans and so won’t get nose out of joint if they don’t say nice things about us. 

Getting upset about it just feeds the trolls. 

It looked like a wrestling move so naming it isn’t really pushing the line anyway as it is more of a comment on the rediculousness of the throw.

13 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

To be fair, apparently most Flames fans don't like this guy. And the Flames fans I've seen on twitter (most if them) didn't like what happened to EP.

I have many Flames fans as friends as well and that is the same vibe I get about Francis and the incident to EP. 

5 hours ago, John McClane said:

Unfortunately I’ve been living in Alberta for over 20years now. I use to read through the Calgary Sun while on break at work almost daily. I never saw EF write anything that seemed insightful or thought out or credible. I’m not sure who he sucks off to keep his job, considering he’s kept his job this long mean he’s good at something. 

51C1388B-CA67-4036-8883-27B2048A2DE6.gif

Actually, In that profession, the worse you are the better you are.  Tony gallager. All Strachan. Botch. Neil macrae.  On and on.  The majority of the crew on Sportsnet clearly favor the leafs.  

If your good at what you do, you give an un bias take on what's going on in sports.  But it seems everything is always slanted. 

Like in Macbeth, fair is foul and foul is fair.

What's the world coming to anyway? 

Archived