The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary sportsnet host pokes fun at EP concussion

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

8 hours ago, sonoman said:

My bad.  What a pathetic attempt at a mea culpa.  

Yes the ‘my bad’ doesn’t make his apology sound very sincere IMO. It’s such a stupid phrase. But to be expected I guess from this idiot. 

My first reaction to this "name the hit" contest is it was a potshot at Matheson and the DoPS. A bit of redneck humor that probably should stay in the pub or on the patio with people knocking 'em back. He put it on air though, fanning the flames, so he needs to own it.

redneck fireworks.jpg

1 hour ago, gregthehockeynut said:

My first reaction to this "name the hit" contest is it was a potshot at Matheson and the DoPS. A bit of redneck humor that probably should stay in the pub or on the patio with people knocking 'em back. He put it on air though, fanning the flames, so he needs to own it.

WTF...orange shirt and orange underpants!? He's a real life pumpkin that one, straight from the patch...very disturbing your thoughts lol.

20 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Stupid &^@# I hope Johnny gaudreau gets hurt for the entire season 

It's not Gaudreau's fault, why should we wish an injury on him. I don't understand that type of thinking. How can you criticise others and make a comment like that?

19 hours ago, rekker said:

Man would I like to meet this idiot and tell him off. This goof is a Don Cherry wannabe. SportsNet should show some class and demand an apology or go a step further and put him on the unemployment line. 

There's an idea, phone up Don Cherry and get him to challenge him to a bit of fisticuffs.:lol:

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

Have you been to those loser cities in the winter, or felt the stinking heat in the summer in TO, or the giant bugs in Calgary in their summer?  Every city in Canada, except the east coast, like Halifax, are jealous of us, because we get livable weather in all seasons, and they don't.  They are stuck inside, and are watching us count our flowers in winter.  In summer they get eaten alive by giant bugs.  I don't blame them for their jealousy.  I would be jealous too, if I was stuck in either of those two pimples on the arse of the world. 

Toronto is a hell hole.

40 degrees at 4 am in the morning because the concrete/buildings downtown simply retain the heat and never have time to cool off.

Calgary - it's not the climate but the Lames fans that make that place uninhabitable lol.

But I'm not sure why you made an exception of Halifax.  Sounds like you've never been there in winter.   I've lived through a half dozen winters there - snowdrifts from roof to roof - bitter, damp cold.  Loved it.  But 'livable' is not how most would describe it.

22 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Toronto is a hell hole.

40 degrees at 4 am in the morning because the concrete/buildings downtown simply retain the heat and never have time to cool off.

Calgary - it's not the climate but the Lames fans that make that place uninhabitable lol.

But I'm not sure why you made an exception of Halifax.  Sounds like you've never been there in winter.   I've lived through a half dozen winters there - snowdrifts from roof to roof - bitter, damp cold.  Loved it.  But 'livable' is not how most would describe it.

We had a house on the South Shore in Nova Scotia.  Loved it there, but must admit, I never was there for the winter.  

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Toronto is a hell hole.

No surprise here but I disagree with almost all of that.  I have lived in all the cities being discussed other than Toronto, where as a Canadian I have been required to spend a significant amount of time.

Toronto is a great city in the summer.  Yes it gets hot but there is also a lot of wind sweeping through those buildings.  Great vibrant city.  I have no problem with Toronto, just hate the Leafs.  Southwestern Ontario gets really hot and humid compared to Van.  Vancouver is probably the nicest city I have lived in during the summer.  Never too hot, no biting bugs great beaches.

Calgary's climate is terrible.  Winters are awful (though no where near as bad as Edmonton or Winnipeg), summers are awful, hot, mosquitos the size of humming birds.   But you are correct, they have the Flames and a stadium modelled after a panty liner, both of which are terrible.  The tough guy cowboy attitude can be grating as well.  That being said Edmonton is the worst city I have ever lived in.  Albertan's like to debate which city is better and that really shouldn't be a debate, the answer should be neither.

Lived through a couple Halifax winters.  Much better than Alberta winters.  Often pretty nice until about December.  The rest of your description is pretty accurate.  Huge snowfalls, wet weather and fog, fog, fog.  The springs are long cold and wet and summers very brief.

13 hours ago, Pete M said:

Hey....I live in Calgary, in a lake community, spend more time in the winter at the lake then in the summer...they have two zambonis on the lake, which make three hockey rinks and a path all along the shore where you can go for a leisure skate, plus a tobaggan hill with lights, and a fire pit in a middle of another rink for just skating, plus ice fishing with a fully stocked lake of trout. There is more family stuff to do also...and in the summer boat rentals, wind surfing, swimming with a big wharf

Lived 6 years in Van city and over 20 years on the Island...41 years in BC (you're not finding more of a BC boy)....Calgary is pretty nice...one hour away from Banff....i.5 hr from Lake Louise   and great snowmobiling...never stuck in the house in the winter...only when Canuck games are on!

OK, DOPS has made their decision. They're handing you a 2-thread suspension for body-slamming Alf.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Toronto is a hell hole.

Lived there for 3 years, loved it as well except for the winters, I'd take Whitehorse over that Maritime cold, literally bone chilling sleet.

24 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

No surprise here but I disagree with almost all of that.  I have lived in all the cities being discussed other than Toronto, where as a Canadian I have been required to spend a significant amount of time.

Toronto is a great city in the summer.  Yes it gets hot but there is also a lot of wind sweeping through those buildings.  Great vibrant city.  I have no problem with Toronto, just hate the Leafs.  Southwestern Ontario gets really hot and humid compared to Van.  Vancouver is probably the nicest city I have lived in during the summer.  Never too hot, no biting bugs great beaches.

Calgary's climate is terrible.  Winters are awful (though no where near as bad as Edmonton or Winnipeg), summers are awful, hot, mosquitos the size of humming birds.   But you are correct, they have the Flames and a stadium modelled after a panty liner, both of which are terrible.  The tough guy cowboy attitude can be grating as well.  That being said Edmonton is the worst city I have ever lived in.  Albertan's like to debate which city is better and that really shouldn't be a debate, the answer should be neither.

Lived through a couple Halifax winters.  Much better than Alberta winters.  Often pretty nice until about December.  The rest of your description is pretty accurate.  Huge snowfalls, wet weather and fog, fog, fog.  The springs are long cold and wet and summers very brief.

If you want to visit really bad Canadian cities try Moncton or Hamilton :sick:

People over blow the amount of rain Vancouver gets, we're actually similar to a lot of cities on number of days that get rain, sure it dumps a little harder here on those days sometimes but it terms of actual days of rain its the same as a lot of Quebec and other places farther east. I'll take rain over snow any day, don't have to shovel it, and in 30 mins I'm up above it skiing anyway most winter nights.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in Calgary, my last employer tried. 

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Ever heard of people from Vancouver retiring to Calgary or Toronto?  Their cities aren’t exactly attractive.  Ours is a million times better. 

Vancouver has more than it's fair share of shortcomings. Putting down our fellow Canadian cities with a "high & mighty" attitude only adds to those shortcomings. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Vancouver has more than it's fair share of shortcomings. Putting down our fellow Canadian cities with a "high & mighty" attitude only adds to those shortcomings. 

what fun is that? putting down other cities is a long and proud tradition. 

24 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Interesting.  What are our shortcomings?  Our city is beautifully set on the ocean, with majestic mountains behind.  We have fabulous weather in all our seasons, which allow us to enjoy the natural gifts provided: ocean and mountains.  

That News Reporter that made fun of Pettersson.........is that more of a reflection of Pettersson's character, or more of a reflection of the News Reporter's character?

If you look more closely, you'll realise that this is actually a good thing.   Why?

Because - it shows that this Calgarian News Reporter (and perhaps other News Reporters in Calgary) are starting to feel a little insecure and threatened by Elias Pettersson's success.    It's been a long time since a Calgarian News Reporter has made fun of Vancouver.   I think the last time was in 2013.   Meaning?   The Canucks are starting to become relevant again.   A lot more work needs to be done, but the Canucks and Pettersson are starting to get some attention.

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting.  What are our shortcomings?  Our city is beautifully set on the ocean, with majestic mountains behind.  We have fabulous weather in all our seasons, which allow us to enjoy the natural gifts provided: ocean and mountains.  

Well, living on top of the Ring of Fire might be considered a shortcoming. What with the threat of volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, and whatnot. I remember some Pacific storms that weren't a whole lotta fun. (Frieda being the nastiest). And I don't miss slogging through the mud in fall and winter. No place is perfect.

3 minutes ago, X-PatLostInEdm said:

Well, living on top of the Ring of Fire might be considered a shortcoming. What with the threat of volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, and whatnot. I remember some Pacific storms that weren't a whole lotta fun. (Frieda being the nastiest). And I don't miss slogging through the mud in fall and winter. No place is perfect.

Considering those terrible short comings you listed, it's totally shocking to me, that so many people choose to move here from Calgary and retire.  One would think it would be us moving there to retire!  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering those terrible short comings you listed, it's totally shocking to me, that so many people choose to move here from Calgary and retire.  One would think it would be us moving there to retire!  

Relax. Just pointing out that no city is Shangri-La. I grew up in the lower mainland, now I'm in Edmonton. There're both nice. You just have different problems, is all.

Archived