The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct. 16, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Still too early for that call. Let's see how he does after 10 games.

Does he he get the next start? Or does Green say his starter has to go in? I'd think he's in until hes out imo.

Green could surprise us tho. I miss Beags already but this was a well contested game. Motte's speed was very helpful tonight against a fast pens team.

Nilly is :goat:

Loui is Selke worthy... if he can somehow hit 50-60 points, he'll certainly be a candidate. Gotta get those points though - it's possible if EP comes back and remains healthy all year.

Brock... Brock is alright.

1 minute ago, canuckledraggin said:

How does Marky get in after after another great game for Nilly? How does MDZ get in ahead of that Pouly and Hutty?

I don't see MDZ getting in unless someone is banged up. This D kept it to 1 goal for a near 60 mins vs a top team. (With top 10 talent). 

I feel Nills deserves to stay in. 

What a classy team of announcers the Penguins have.  So complimentary to our young guys.   Haven't heard our own guys refer to our team as "a young, fast and skilled team".   

Best reffed game I have seen in the NHL this year.  They let some stuff go both ways but let the game flow. 

Centermen really stepped it up in the third in the dot and prevented all those icings from being a bigger problem. 

Goldy seems to have really gained another level of understanding.  His defensive awareness and effort have really taken off.  ONce he gains more confidence, he will be a force. 

Gaudette showed well but obviously Greener isn't confident in his 200' game yet. 

NIlsson was lights out...again!!  Love his positioning, economy of movement and compete.  

BOeser...oh yeah!!!!!  He's back!!!

1 minute ago, Cluminati* said:

Brock with the winner! Woohoo!

Virtanen, Hutton and Gudbranson....all goofed up on that 2-2 goal. Gudbranson made that 2 on 1 look like a 2 on 0...never took the shooter or passer. Would not mind seeing #44 traded, just a big pylon. 

Good (and lucky) win!

Thank god you are not gm...

6 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Still too early for that call. Let's see how he does after 10 games.

I was sold after the gold medal.

Don't kid yourselves... no Nilly, no gold medal for Sweden this year. He was absolutely spectacular. He's shown flashes in Buffalo, now he's ready to dominate in Vancouver. Just gotta ride him and give him 50-60 games, keep him sharp.

Archived