The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct. 16, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I like John and John but otherwise, I think our Canadian coverage teams are less complimentary and respectful of the Nucks than most of the away announcers...Boston excluded where ignorance reigns supreme.

Toronto is setting new highs for ignorance and arrogance.

I expected this early road trip to be an unpleasant one. Very surprised, and even more pleased, to see this team have the overall speed to compete. Turns out those signings are paying off! Schaller really good tonite! And great to see Hutton having a good to very good game (minus the one brain fart).

What a gutsy win.

Without 2 of our best Centre men... after all the doom and gloom... hat off for the lot of you.

Certainly made my day a lot better.

Combined with the news EP40 has been practicing working out a couple of times, this day couldn't get much better, and its still only 6am here in Dubai...

A mention has to be given to our bottom 6 + Nilsson... What a difference. Even with Beagle out they looked so good and so strong. 

The future is bright.... oh so bright.

And forget about a brothers Hughes double act.... this team is not going to the a bottom dweller....

20 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Don’t let the win distract you from the fact the team let our 19 year old phenom get smashed and concussed with no response 

Didn’t have to, the team did that which is exactly what I was hoping they’d do.  Schaller was great, Nilsson was great the entire team was playing well as a unit and they almost kept the Pens off the scoreboard while protecting a one goal lead for half the game, which just ask anyone else in the Eastern Conference is almost impossible to do...couldn’t be happier by their response so far. 

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What a gutsy win.

Without 2 of our best Centre men... after all the doom and gloom... hat of for the lot of you.

Certainly made my day a lot better.

Combined with the news EP40 has been practicing a couple of times, this day couldn't get much better, and its still only 6am here in Dubai...

A mention has to be given to our bottom 6 + Nilsson... What a difference. Even with Beagle out they looked so good and so strong. 

The future is bright.... oh so bright.

And forget about a brothers Hughes double act.... this team is not going to the a bottom dweller....

I've been watching the news closely, and even though he's been at the rink, he has NOT been skating.

Got to give credit to Green.  Hes got them going, the bottom 6 are his style of players.   I bet he had a big say in the Schaller, Beagle and Roussel signings.  

We got ourselves a coach, folks.  I look forward to what he can do when we add more offensive weapons.

Travis_Green.jpg

Just now, Down by the River said:

For sure...

But he did say in today's broadcast that the Canucks miss Beagle's defensive play as much as they miss Pettersson's offensive play...

I'm not sure sure about that. 

If we had had to kill more than one penalty, it may have been evident.  Beagle has been a major part of the success of that unit.  

Archived