The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weed

riffraff

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

*sips whiskey and smokes a players light at 8 am*

I find your comment fascinating, tell me more

From years of having to work next door to some low income housing where they only seem to smoke weed and make babies. It's a very disgusting disgusting smell (the weed part ;) )

9 hours ago, 112 said:

Where in the Charter does it say you have a right not to smell marijuana smoke?

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Doesn't it have the same rules as smoking?  As in you can't just smoke it wherever you want?  

Personally, I don't like the smell, I have never done it and never felt like I wanted to but if this helps people then good for them.  I don't think its going to change much in the way people live their lives.  If people did it before they will continue doing it, and I doubt there will be many who will just start smoking up just because its suddenly legal.

Yes the same rules as smoking, not sure about enforcement of the rules.  Are you allowed to smoke cigarettes while walking down a city sidewalk?

Edited by mpt

3 minutes ago, mpt said:

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

You're not going to get high off of second-hand smoke.

e: and you can always move to a non-smoking area or away from the person smoking, which is entirely reasonable.

Edited by 112

Smoke of any kind is really bad for the lungs.....period. No discussion needed. I grew up in east van and my neighbor was HA. I am approaching 50 and dont need a lesson from a millenial. Thanks though. I was smoking pot in elementary school at 12......

This next generation is in trouble.......entitled and no work ethic. Good luck. I have never met a generation as lazy as the current one. Good luck. We cant get anyone to work for us for under 30 an hour....wtf? Entitled......I am done with this generation good luck. I will gladly hire immigrants but its the USA all over.

• Wat 2

1 hour ago, 112 said:

you can always move to a non-smoking area or away from the person smoking, which is entirely reasonable.

not always. Just walked my dog and the smell from 2 guys smoking must have wafted for 100 feet after I passed them. You don't smell a cigarette from that distance.

It would be nice if there could be less stinky strains of the stuff, its pretty repulsive to those that don't partake. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 112 said:

You're not going to get high off of second-hand smoke.

e: and you can always move to a non-smoking area or away from the person smoking, which is entirely reasonable.

I don't care to get into this but @mpt has a point. Nobody is suppose to be subject to second hand smoke. Obviously cigarettes are far worse but any smoke into your lungs is unhealthy. 

3 hours ago, mpt said:

Yes the same rules as smoking, not sure about enforcement of the rules.  Are you allowed to smoke cigarettes while walking down a city sidewalk?

I don't believe so, its only supposed to be cars and homes???