The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weed

riffraff

3 hours ago, Surfbali said:

Smoke of any kind is really bad for the lungs.....period. No discussion needed. I grew up in east van and my neighbor was HA. I am approaching 50 and dont need a lesson from a millenial. Thanks though. I was smoking pot in elementary school at 12......

This next generation is in trouble.......entitled and no work ethic. Good luck. I have never met a generation as lazy as the current one. Good luck. We cant get anyone to work for us for under 30 an hour....wtf? Entitled......I am done with this generation good luck. I will gladly hire immigrants but its the USA all over.

Someone needs to get high, that, or they already are, this post is incoherent.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 112 said:

You're not going to get high off of second-hand smoke.

e: and you can always move to a non-smoking area or away from the person smoking, which is entirely reasonable.

Its not about getting high off second hand smoke.  Yes cigarettes are worse but marijuana smoke is still harmful, your right to use can’t impede someone else’s right not to.

Its public property, you aren’t allowed to harm anyone, its your duty to move so you dont harm anyone.  Thats like you saying its the other person’s job to move away from the person windmilling their hands in the air.  Maybe the person should stop throwing their hands around when others are nearby, otherwise you might hit someone; and that would be on the responsibility on the person who is potentially harming others, not on the innocent people walking by.  Its the duty of any individual to avoid harming anyone for any reason except in self defence; not the other way round.

Edited by mpt

2 hours ago, Russ said:

I don't believe so, its only supposed to be cars and homes???

If that is true, then i have no problems.  I’m pretty libertarian on drugs, just dont harm others, and dont screw your life up and ask me (or other tax payers) to pay for it.

8 hours ago, Surfbali said:

Smoke of any kind is really bad for the lungs.....period. No discussion needed. I grew up in east van and my neighbor was HA. I am approaching 50 and dont need a lesson from a millenial. Thanks though. I was smoking pot in elementary school at 12......

This next generation is in trouble.......entitled and no work ethic. Good luck. I have never met a generation as lazy as the current one. Good luck. We cant get anyone to work for us for under 30 an hour....wtf? Entitled......I am done with this generation good luck. I will gladly hire immigrants but its the USA all over.

How tf did we go from weed to millenials.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, mpt said:

If that is true, then i have no problems.  I’m pretty libertarian on drugs, just dont harm others, and dont screw your life up and ask me (or other tax payers) to pay for it.

Pretty much my view on the topic too.  As long as it doesn't create more problems, hopefully reduce petty charges on people where the tax payers end up funding jail/prison sentences, and doesn't cost more money from my pocket for peoples stupidity then sure I am ok with it.  I am really interested in seeing what the new tax revenue is going to benefit the everyday person.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Pretty much my view on the topic too.  As long as it doesn't create more problems, hopefully reduce petty charges on people where the tax payers end up funding jail/prison sentences, and doesn't cost more money from my pocket for peoples stupidity then sure I am ok with it.  I am really interested in seeing what the new tax revenue is going to benefit the everyday person.

Probably just special interest groups and paying off terrorists

1 hour ago, Russ said:

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Funny how topics change with angry old people haha

the offset revenue gain will be significant as well law enforcement ,courts will (hopefully) be freed up to target the opioid overdose epidemic , as an ex chronic pot smoker as well as dealing pot, and having gone thru a self rehab , mild to moderate cocaine addiction, never intravenous ,but know people that have fallen to that level , I see this as long over due, so when you speak of "older people " try to understand that a lot of other "older people " have fallen victim to heavier drugs because of the  lack of  proper resource's. other "older people (old school) law enforcement (old school) supreme court judges failing to recognize the war on cannabis specific never ever had a chance of winning , and law enforcements self serving  continual stance against cannabis only to justify their own existence ,and still to this day reluctance to agree on this issue ,only to see resources being wasted.          on a personal level I cant stand listening to people whining about having to walk thru  second hand smoke ,I guess only because  had they have witnessed what I came thru, and survived they probably would have dropped dead of a heart attack seeing it, but I also recognise  theres no pleasing everyone!

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 2

19 hours ago, HI5 said:

DUI’s for more people now

It's not like there will be an increase in illegal activity, it's just that people being arrested for possession behind the wheel will now be ticketed (or arrested if bad enough I guess).

The first ticket in Ontario issued was for $672, so it'll be a cash influx on it's own.

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Just saw  that someone already got a $670 fine for smoking one while they were driving.

It wasn't clear from the tweet I saw, but the ticket looked like it may have been someone in a car rather than driving.

9 hours ago, mpt said:

Its not about getting high off second hand smoke.  Yes cigarettes are worse but marijuana smoke is still harmful, your right to use can’t impede someone else’s right not to.

Its public property, you aren’t allowed to harm anyone, its your duty to move so you dont harm anyone.  Thats like you saying its the other person’s job to move away from the person windmilling their hands in the air.  Maybe the person should stop throwing their hands around when others are nearby, otherwise you might hit someone; and that would be on the responsibility on the person who is potentially harming others, not on the innocent people walking by.  Its the duty of any individual to avoid harming anyone for any reason except in self defence; not the other way round.

There's a difference between how a law is written and how it's interpreted just as there's a difference between peacably smoking in a designated place where the activity is to be expected and wildly flailing one's arms about in close proximity to others. Nobody is impeding your right not to use when you have the option of keeping distance and staying out of smoking areas. 

Edited by 112
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

It wasn't clear from the tweet I saw, but the ticket looked like it may have been someone in a car rather than driving.

I believe you are correct as if they were driving that would open them up to criminal charges as opposed to just a ticket... Same with alcohol.