The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post When You Are Stoned

Rate this topic

Master 112

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 6:54 AM, Tre Mac said:

So page 4 of the province has a story about BC Cannabis Market being over supplied and many growers are now selling or cutting back staff.  Hmmm wonder why?  Let's start with the product.  It wasn't uncommon to get weed that was TWO YEARS OLD, at this point you are rolling powder.  Second the price: Do people think there is a market for $30 joints and $25/g bud?  In reality the prices should be $4-$8/g.  Third, taxes and Canada Post's $7 delivery fee, on a 28g order with the cheapest bud that's adding $47 in taxes.  As expected many people entered this industry thinking it would be an easy cash-grab - I don't feel bad that they are losing money.  The black market will be thriving if this #$%^ continues.  

What gets me is the ridiculous packaging.  If I want to get 3gs, a different variety for every gram, I come home with a couple of pounds of heavy plastic packaging and the flower is always bone dry smalls.

I just go private now when I get tired of my homegrown.

Edited by FilthyRich
On 11/27/2020 at 12:38 AM, LionofJudah said:

You ever just get high af hoping it will quiet the mind and it only intensifies the noise and there is no escape.:mellow:

Falc and Filthy are right. Sativas are great during the day, when you want to be ..medicated but have things to do that will hold your focus. They're not great for chillin out though. They always make me need to find something to do.

Idicas are for chillin. Body stone, couch lock, veg out. 

Munchies 

Bed

11 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Falc and Filthy are right. Sativas are great during the day, when you want to be ..medicated but have things to do that will hold your focus. They're not great for chillin out though. They always make me need to find something to do.

Munchies 

Bed

Indica and nature documentaries go together like a beer and a dart.

• Cheers 1
6 hours ago, luckylager said:

Munchies 

Bed

I believe it was hybrid. Not confident though. It was an edible that I've been using for ages. Just took a bad turn. 

7 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

I believe it was hybrid. Not confident though. It was an edible that I've been using for ages. Just took a bad turn. 

Most strains are hybrids. Very few unspoiled genetic lines out there.

Afghan Kush (indica), Thai Purple and Durban Poison (sativas) are the only purebreeds I'm familiar with anymore. I'm sure there's more, but I only ever come across those 3.

Lots of strains are 50/50 indica sativa but borrow the stone or growth characteristics of either mother. Cinderella99 is a good example of a hybrid which grows like indica, nice dense indica looking buds, but has a very bright and energetic sativa high.

Potency of edibles are totally unreliable for the most part. I make all of my own oils/budders and one of the things I've found with baked goods, cookies brownies etc is a decent variation in potency from treat to treat.

Oils are much more reliable. 

On 11/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, luckylager said:

Most strains are hybrids. Very few unspoiled genetic lines out there.

Afghan Kush (indica), Thai Purple and Durban Poison (sativas) are the only purebreeds I'm familiar with anymore. I'm sure there's more, but I only ever come across those 3.

Lots of strains are 50/50 indica sativa but borrow the stone or growth characteristics of either mother. Cinderella99 is a good example of a hybrid which grows like indica, nice dense indica looking buds, but has a very bright and energetic sativa high.

Potency of edibles are totally unreliable for the most part. I make all of my own oils/budders and one of the things I've found with baked goods, cookies brownies etc is a decent variation in potency from treat to treat.

Oils are much more reliable. 

Good information. I would not consider myself a snob when it comes to all that knowledge, but very fun to learn about. Only one of those ive ever heard of before (Afghan kush). When I smoke I tend to keep it to the ones that feel like a hybrid. I hate being too energetic from the sativa but I dont want to be locked on that couch either haha. (Always looking for that perfect blend)

I'm a big fan of edibles but yes I do agree. They vary from each one I have. 90% of the time they are perfect though. Every once in awhile I get one that either has 0 effect or one thats so strong idk what to do with myself.

13 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Good information. I would not consider myself a snob when it comes to all that knowledge, but very fun to learn about. Only one of those ive ever heard of before (Afghan kush). When I smoke I tend to keep it to the ones that feel like a hybrid. I hate being too energetic from the sativa but I dont want to be locked on that couch either haha. (Always looking for that perfect blend)

I'm a big fan of edibles but yes I do agree. They vary from each one I have. 90% of the time they are perfect though. Every once in awhile I get one that either has 0 effect or one thats so strong idk what to do with myself.

fire cash GIF

• Haha 1