The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks sign Jake Dotchin

16 hours ago, oldnews said:

joins Sustr from TB to the Ducks.

What a young, talented blueline, particularly that top 4.

Lindholm Montour

Fowler Manson

Pettersson Sustr

Dotchin Schenn

Yes it is and imagine if they still had Theodore..

The NHLPA has filed a grievance on behalf of Jake Dotchin against the Lightning for wrongful termination.

The Bolts terminated Dotchin’s contract after he showed up to camp 30-35 pounds overweight.

The NHLPA does not want a precedent to be set of players being terminated for showing up to camp out of shape.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The NHLPA has filed a grievance on behalf of Jake Dotchin against the Lightning for wrongful termination.

The Bolts terminated Dotchin’s contract after he showed up to camp 30-35 pounds overweight.

The NHLPA does not want a precedent to be set of players being terminated for showing up to camp out of shape.

Well this is going to get interesting yet. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

NHLPA rep: "There's so much at stake."

Dotchin:

imagesMOJ7A8AU.jpg

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interested to see how this turns out. I can see terminating his (or any player’s contract) if they made this a habit. The rumour was that this happened last year as well with Dotchin.

However, I can certainly see the NHLPA having an issue with this. Let’s say Connor McDavid showed up to camp 35 pounds overweight, do you think the Oilers terminate his contract? Now, say it was “Insert bottom 6, expendable player?” Much diffferent story. GMs can’t have it both ways.

The Jets were incredibly patient with Byfuglien, and look how that turned out for them.

I posted this in another thread but it looks like TB acquired Mitch Hults from Anaheim for future considerations. I have to imagine this was done in case the grievance forces Tampa to reinstate his contract and then the future considerations would be to complete the transaction of sending Dotchin back to Anahiem.

Archived