The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Would you be willing to?

[Discussion] Would you be willing to?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First I want to clarify that this is not a proposal and I am not supportive of this trade from either team's perspective nor do I think this is possible or realistic. I am just throwing this out here for the purpose of fun hockey discussion and debate.

Would you be willing to trade Elias Pettersson + Brock Boeser for Connor McDavid? It is a 2 for 1 trade.

This is post is purely for the purpose of discussion and debate and it is NOT A PROPOSAL! I love EP and Brock and I would want them remain as Canucks for the rest of their career. Let's have some fun discussions below!

I have to admit, it took me a few seconds to think about it. Having McDavid could be a game-changer, but yet, having Pettersson and Boeser is an amazing 1-2 punch. McDavid may be the best player on the planet, but one player doesn't win games. That's been obvious in EDM. They even have Draisaitl, RNH and Puljujarvi, and he still isn't enough of a difference maker to win them games.

EP and BB all day 

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What I find funny is that the TOR media is desperately trying to compare Matthews to McDavid, like they're equal players. lol

yeah Mathews is a good player but in comparison Mathews skillset is not on the same level as McDavid. Trading Petterson and Boeser+. I can't imagine that ever happening Edmonton lucked out so hard there with that pick. In no way would they want to trade him either. If it actually happened I would support the team either way. Lets be real though just won't happen so there is no point imagining what this would be like. The direction this team is heading is extremely exciting watching these young guys play.

42 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

First I want to clarify that this is not a proposal and I am not supportive of this trade from either team's perspective nor do I think this is possible or realistic. I am just throwing this out here for the purpose of fun hockey discussion and debate.

Would you be willing to trade Elias Pettersson + Brock Boeser for Connor McDavid? It is a 2 for 1 trade.

This is post is purely for the purpose of discussion and debate and it is NOT A PROPOSAL! I love EP and Brock and I would want them remain as Canucks for the rest of their career. Let's have some fun discussions below!

No. As others have mentioned, rather have two great players than one. Good question though.

McDavid is Great!

But he does not make all the players around him better. You could argue its because no one can keep up? It does not matter.

Pettersson can dish the puck like nobodies business. And has a better shot, better puck control among things he does.  It makes his team better.

I would be hard pressed to trade EP.  He's not, but has the potential to be as good as McDavid, help his team more.

45 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What I find funny is that the TOR media is desperately trying to compare Matthews to McDavid, like they're equal players. lol

The difference is that Matthews is surrounded by a lot of talent, and good coaching. If you swapped Matthews and McDavid, you would see the same thing that's happening now, except only to a way higher degree.

1 hour ago, VanGnome said:

The difference is that Matthews is surrounded by a lot of talent, and good coaching. If you swapped Matthews and McDavid, you would see the same thing that's happening now, except only to a way higher degree.

Matthews distributes the puck better and makes the players around him better. McDavid tends to take control of the puck and looks to make a play of his own first. If he can't make a play, then he dishes to someone else. Yes he won the scoring title the last two years, but can anybody tell me who his linemates were and how many points they put up? Now take a look at Matthews totals and notice how his linemates' totals are pretty close to his. To me, that means Matthews involves his teammates much more effectively. This also forces the opposing team to pay attention to everyone on the ice, not just one guy. It is pretty evident that if you shut down McDavid, the Oilers will probably lose.

McDavid is a great player for sure, but if given the option of taking one of the two to start a team, I'd take Matthews.

Depends. As of this moment, McDavid.

That being said, if Pettersson and Boeser both hit their ceilings (Pettersson = 80-100 point player, Boeser a consistent 40 goal scorer), you take our duo no question.

Right now the biggest question is whether or not Boeser can get his swagger back and whether or not Pettersson has concussion issues down the line.

I'd do it, then I'd trade him back to the coilers for EP40, Boeser and a 1st.  Yes I think Chia pet is that dumb.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I said last year I think Matthews is better than McDavid but Crosby is still numero uno. 

Hard no on this one. 

McJesus is one unlucky play or one dirty SOB cheap-shot away from injury.  With EP and BB you are doubling down on your chances of having a game-changer on the team as well as almost doubling (depending on deployment by Green) down on having one of them on the ice for literally half the game.  No, they aren't as dangerous as McJesus but even if they're only 80% as effective as he is they're still on the ice for HALF the game between the two of them.  Cheap shot EP, that sucks for sure, but don't worry because we'll send out BB to skate end-to-end and score on you in OT in your own barn thanks very much::D

Archived