The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Oct. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Edler's penalties, leaving players wide open in front of the net, and bad 3rd period were the biggest reasons they lost.

Just can't have a vet like Edler taking those penalties and giving them 2 goals if not for those this game could have been much different.

That's 3 games he's been to blame for the 1st goal against and this game he cost us the first 2 ugh.

Edler and Pouliot had a very poor game tonight but this is the case for at least half the games and obviously we need more out of our forwards. Might be a good time to sit Eriksson a game and put Leipsic in create some offense because Eriksson sure isn't.

Can't wait until we get our game breaker Pettersson back he always makes a difference and gives us a chance!

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well done Canucks. You played hard and showed resilience. Can't win them all, but you're learning how. As a fan, I'm proud of this team. Go Canucks Go!

Well put, Philly. Proud of em too

The boys put the petal down for 17 straight periods on a road trip.

Then the wheels came off.

No biggie.

I really hope they keep Nilly in the crease. He's been calm and collected, I've felt less terrified with him in net, because he actually stays in net..

Honestly the Canucks schedule sucks for the first month and half.   I'm not sure what will happen in the Bruins game but they usually play them well.  I looked at the TOI in 3rd.  DP had the most ice time.  Everyone had 7, 8 or 9 shifts in the 3rd.  I think eveyone is tired.  I hope they come out hard on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Honestly the Canucks schedule sucks for the first month and half.   I'm not sure what will happen in the Bruins game but they usually play them well.  I looked at the TOI in 3rd.  DP had the most ice time.  Everyone had 7, 8 or 9 shifts in the 3rd.  I think eveyone is tired.  I hope they come out hard on Saturday.

The schedule is stacked against them in more ways than one.

nhl-schedule-rested-tired.jpg

2 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Missed the game.. Thursday is get drunk night.

Did we just play bad at end of long trip?

Did we just get beat by a very good team?

When is Pettersson coming back?

Go to bed

YOU'RE DRUNK! 

Was a tight game until the third when the boys started looking tired. Understandable. Got beat in the third by a very good team.

No real word on Pettersson other than he's been working out harder each day, so still in stage 2 of protocol. No ice yet.

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

The schedule is stacked against them in more ways than one.

nhl-schedule-rested-tired.jpg

Rigged to help us win the lottery on home ice?

I was choked at the schedule when it was released.. Back to back games ten times this year.

And six of those back to backs are in Feb-Mar

The Canucks looked exhausted tonight. When I saw the schedule I thought they would be lucky to get out of October with more than one win. I am proud of the way they've played and have already forgotten about tonight's game. Bring on the Bruins! 

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well put, Philly. Proud of em too

The boys put the petal down for 17 straight periods on a road trip.

Then the wheels came off.

No biggie.

I really hope they keep Nilly in the crease. He's been calm and collected, I've felt less terrified with him in net, because he actually stays in net..

Thanks lucky. I love how this team never quits, like Stech said. They keep on coming and doing whatever they can to win. 

I'm thinking that they'll gain the respect of the league by their hard work, tenacity, willingness to commit, and that Gudbranson will fracture the skull of anyone who dares fight him. 

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Rigged to help us win the lottery on home ice?

I was choked at the schedule when it was released.. Back to back games ten times this year.

its a horrible schedule.  i look at that graph and beside lotto greasing I see injuries ...the coilers sure have it good though...

Archived