Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

fans threatening canucks players in DM


WalkWithElias

Recommended Posts

Twitter and the internet in general is a platform that the emotionally immature can use to attack other people behind the cover of anonymity. It's actually embarrassing to even be associated with those who have nothing better to do than personally threaten people over a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you have a passionate fan base you're gonna have a lot of hillbillies idiots. We saw that during the riots.

 

I hope Irfan reassured the boys that the true passionate fans, genuinely care about the team and will support them. I don't doubt this report at all... there's lots of idiot fans.

 

DM's are silly anyways... anyone can send one and puff their chest. I'm assuming the DM's were mainly to Gudranson? Just assuming though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

When you have a passionate fan base you're gonna have a lot of hillbillies idiots. We saw that during the riots.

 

I hope Irfan reassured the boys that the true passionate fans, genuinely care about the team and will support them. I don't doubt this report at all... there's lots of idiot fans.

 

DM's are silly anyways... anyone can send one and puff their chest. I'm assuming the DM's were mainly to Gudranson? Just assuming though...

That is a good question who were the DM's directed too... If it was Gudbranson then I stand by my originally statement that it was Calgary Fans acting like Canucks fans for payback, but if it was directed at say Eriksson, then sadly it was Canucks fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Random thoughts:
 

a.) Has anyone visited Mike Matheson's instagram lately? His latest post has over 1000 hate comments (Not exaggerating).

 

b.) If any canucks fans are sending threatening DM'S to canucks players, is it logical to assume that it is players that get criticized the most by the media and fans? (Virtanen, Hutton, etc). I doubt fan favorites like Horvat or Pettersson will receive any. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

Random thoughts:
 

a.) Has anyone visited Mike Matheson's instagram lately? His latest post has about 5000 hate comments (Not exaggerating).

 

b.) If any canucks fans are sending threatening DM'S to canucks players, is it logical to assume that it is players that get criticized the most by the media and fans? (Virtanen, Hutton, etc). I doubt fan favorites like Horvat or Pettersson will receive any. 

Someone threatened his cute doggo too.  I mean come on guys...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm betting a good number of DMs are from opposing team fans posing.  That said, I wonder if those of you blaming the reporter for just doing his job are also people who berate Trump for putting down White House journalists who are just doing theirs.

 

The tweet said players -plural- so it's not just a one-off on a single disliked athlete.  Every fanbase has plenty of idiots.  The internet just allows those who are cowards to say things to someone they wouldn't have the cajones to say to them face to face.  Same thing with the losers who threaten others while playing video games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm betting a good number of DMs are from opposing team fans posing.  That said, I wonder if those of you blaming the reporter for just doing his job are also people who berate Trump for putting down White House journalists who are just doing theirs.

 

The tweet said players -plural- so it's not just a one-off on a single disliked athlete.  Every fanbase has plenty of idiots.  The internet just allows those who are cowards to say things to someone they wouldn't have the cajones to say to them face to face.  Same thing with the losers who threaten others while playing video games.

Since you brought Trump in here, it's funny because my first reaction and what I was about to write was "This is Fake News" :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Since you brought Trump in here, it's funny because my first reaction and what I was about to write was "This is Fake News" :lol:

CDC has been like that for years now.  If a reporter says something that you don't like and you can't prove wrong, dismiss the whole thing by cr*pping on the journalist and/or the place he works at.  That's a Trump specialty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is kinda just the nature of the internet and the ability to contact anyone regardless of their status in society. It's the risk you take when making a public profile on a network connected to the entire world with no vetting for entry, especially when you are famous or a high-status person. Some people are dicks and will say bad things to you, though I've never seen a story of a twitter death threat escalating into real violence. The moral indignation over mean tweets is getting old; this story has been played a million times over in different contexts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

CDC has been like that for years now.  If a reporter says something that you don't like and you can't prove wrong, dismiss the whole thing by cr*pping on the journalist and/or the place he works at.  That's a Trump specialty.

Whether is just CDC or society in general, if someone doesn't have an open mind to things, they will automatically jump to fake news because it's not what they want to believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...