The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks for the laugh Sportsnet

Alcholic9000

Notable omission in this account is Sutter.

Not to take anything away from Horvat, but the "foundation" of that win was Sutter and his wingers.

Dzone starts all night long against Bergeron, Pastrnak, Marchand - shut them down - and scored the goal that got the team to OT.

Killed some ridiculous penalties (the usual adventures with Tim Peel)....

Sutter rarely gets the credit he deserves - but there are simply no wins in games like Tampa. Pittsburgh or home against Boston if Sutter is not dominating in his shutdown role.

27 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Notable omission in this account is Sutter.

Not to take anything away from Horvat, but the "foundation" of that win was Sutter and his wingers.

Dzone starts all night long against Bergeron, Pastrnak, Marchand - shut them down - and scored the goal that got the team to OT.

Killed some ridiculous penalties (the usual adventures with Tim Peel)....

Sutter rarely gets the credit he deserves - but there are simply no wins in games like Tampa. Pittsburgh or home against Boston if Sutter is not dominating in his shutdown role.

and scoring 

19 minutes ago, xereau said:

As a side note, on a clean hit, when a player charges in for the I'LL SHOW YOU TO HIT MY LIL BUDDY! fight, where are the unsportsmanlike misconducts at?  This is the epitome of unsportsmanlike behavior.

Boston doesn't get unsportsmanlike penalties. Why ya think Horvat was grinning all the way to the penalty box for beating the $#!÷ out of a Bruin?

8 hours ago, xereau said:

As a side note, on a clean hit, when a player charges in for the I'LL SHOW YOU TO HIT MY LIL BUDDY! fight, where are the unsportsmanlike misconducts at?  This is the epitome of unsportsmanlike behavior.

That's what the Instigator penalty was created for but it's rarely used.

On 2018-10-21 at 2:48 PM, xereau said:

Depends which side you’re sitting on, this is one play I hope they never try and remove from the game.

No instigator required.  It’s a hockey play, hard hits often are the reason for any fights these days, clean or otherwise and other players take notice of these things, Horvat earned respect for backing up his hard nosed play, as did Cacicici or I can’t spell his name for backing up his teammate. 

Archived