The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks for the laugh Sportsnet

Alcholic9000

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Depends which side you’re sitting on, this is one play I hope they never try and remove from the game.

No instigator required.  It’s a hockey play, hard hits often are the reason for any fights these days, clean or otherwise and other players take notice of these things, Horvat earned respect for backing up his hard nosed play, as did Cacicici or I can’t spell his name for backing up his teammate. 

Ah, an ideal unbiased NHL. Wouldn't that be nice. You remember this play?

Yeah, Hansen got an instigator there.

1 hour ago, Psycho_Path said:

Ah, an ideal unbiased NHL. Wouldn't that be nice. You remember this play?

Yeah, Hansen got an instigator there.

If your willing then it’s not called (usually) That’s how it works. Horvat was, Kadri didn’t drop them until honey-badger was connecting.  One was a clean hit, nobody injured, the other one was dirty of course I remember it.  And Keith trying to take his head off too.  Also remember Bure doing the same thing to Churla.  And other teams doing it, Gilmour getting demolished by McSorely and Clarke to the rescue.  Never really been a fan of the penalty but understand why it’s there, sometimes it’s called, sometimes it’s not, they should just get rid of it now the enforcers are gone, it was made to reel them in, they aren’t here anymore.   Kind of like when the Oilers split up and they went back to 4 x 4 again during coincendental minors again (a rule that was there before them too and in an attempt to reel them in went to 5 x 5 ).   But they won’t, and the rats can do what they want when they want, as can a normal player when the urge hits them.   

Archived