The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CAPTAIN

linden17

Just thinking that Archibald should be considered for captain.

Only the team could decide.  Could he rise up?

Kids need a man to lead.  He'd play hockey right.

In my opinion, this is the player we need to celebrate.

Needless to say, you might agree with my wisdom.

Great players become great when given a chance.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I'm fine with that  - as long as it doesn't result in any Keslers pouting in the corner lol.

i'm trying to think who the next one to display keslerish  behaviours , over all the team might be  to young to worry about that rearing its ugly head just yet. I dont think theres many players league wide that can compare to his swell headed entitlement issues , or at the very least as blatantly unaware.

32 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i'm trying to think who the next one to display keslerish  behaviours , over all the team might be  to young to worry about that rearing its ugly head just yet. I dont think theres many players league wide that can compare to his swell headed entitlement issues , or at the very least as blatantly unaware.

yeah - it's not serious - I agree there aren't really any Kesler 2.0s in the lineup.

15 hours ago, CrosbyGold said:

Anyone but Bo getting the C would be a travesty. Bo puts in 100% effort in games, and during training. He's a standup guy off the ice, great to the community, and a natural leader. He's gonna become the next Linden. He's a tough and 2 way player. He can handle pressure.

They might wait until some of the older guys' contracts run out and they leave the team.

Kesler was a great player and had a mean-streak. The problem was trying to cope with some teammates not always giving 100% and putting their body on the line like Torres, Bieksa, Burrows, Lappeire etc (although Lappi got too many penalties)

Also statistically speaking Canadian Captains win more cups (even if it's only correlation). Also the fans should play nice with the young players and not make them hate us lol.

This is the selling point for me: " He can handle pressure." 

This is imperative and something this team has needed for a long time. I have noticed that what ever part of his game he is lacking in, he improves or fixes it. He has quietly improved every year that he has been with the team. I remember CDCer's were saying his ceiling was a #2 center at best. I wonder if those are still thinking that. 

He can skate, he can shoot, he can pass, he can check, he can fight and he has shown he can lead. He is constantly filling his toolbox and refusing to accept mediocrity.

If I was to look for attributes of other great Captains before him such as Linden, Messier, Yzerman and Sakic I would say that Bo carries many of the same as they did and should be a "shoe in" for the next Captaincy.

Archived