The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRAILER] Cody Hodgson Trailer

Stix

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

imagine if we traded him during the 2011 deadline, just wondering what he could have got. At that time he was considered our best prospect and top prospect in the NHL.

Imagine if we just drafted Erik......oh nevermind.....

26 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

EDIT:

Watched the trailer and decided I should lay off the kid. 

Doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

While it's unfortunate he has a, potentially, dangerous disorder, it doesn't change his attitude of entitlement and arrogance.

He thought he was better than he was and this doesn't change that.

Koodos on him finding a way to get a foolish organization to, grossly, overpay him though.

Just glad it wasn't for us, amazingly enough.

I would suggest watching the trailer before throwing shade at Hodgson.

Tough for him having to retire early because of his medical condition; he really did have a bright future in front of him at one point. I'm glad he's giving back to his community and, in his words, can use his experience and this platform "to benefit other people" who live with this specific muscle disease.

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

imagine if we traded him during the 2011 deadline, just wondering what he could have got. At that time he was considered our best prospect and top prospect in the NHL.

Probably bring back enough high end pieces to give us the cup that year. 

2011 boys still Champs in my books tho 

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

Doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

While it's unfortunate he has a, potentially, dangerous disorder, it doesn't change his attitude of entitlement and arrogance.

He thought he was better than he was and this doesn't change that.

Koodos on him finding a way to get a foolish organization to, grossly, overpay him though.

Just glad it wasn't for us, amazingly enough.

I'd rip my coach too if he thought I was faking an injury, which is what AV did with Cody.  As far as entitlement and arrogance, well he did play on a team with Ryan Kesler. 

I'm rooting for him. A lot has been said about his dad, about the advice given to him in regards to his career, about his back, about entitlement, about his relationship with AV and the guys. It goes on and on. It's over, it's done. He's retired and what happened happened. Even if he hadn't sustained injury/injuries that impacted his career and had things turned out differently with the Canucks he still would have run into this genetic wall. Some battles you just aren't gonna win and in his case his dream and career were prematurely cut short because of his genetic code.

Dude is my age and probably has a lot of life left to live, here's hoping he can help some people.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh, I thought this was about Cody Hodgson now living in a trailer, down by the river.

He's still collecting fat paycheques from the Sabres for four more years.  I think his near future will continue to be trailer free.  Unless of course he ever sells off his rights to those cheques at a discount to a willing buyer...

23 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

goon 3: ross rhea's kid, played by cody hodgson, continues the legacy left behind by his old man, while a new generation of highlanders aims for the gold. i'd watch it :ph34r:

Let's hope that it would be better than the steaming pile that Goon 2 was.

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Canucks never should have traded him.

Wishing him all the best going forward.

Are you trying to say that Zack Kassian and the defensive giant known as Andre Gragnani weren't worth it!  :lol:

At least 800k isn't knocked off the Canuck's cap for the next 3-4 years like it is with the Sabres...

Both teams failed hard with that trade.

Archived