Canucks Community

[DOCUMENTARY] Finding 'Big Country' Bryant Reeves

Stix

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

stu jackson can take the blame for the failiure

grizz could have had steve nash

but management believed he was not a viable nba player

that would have saved the franchise here

I don't think thats fair to say. Nash didn't truly break out until his 5th year in the NBA, plus you have to take into account the added pressure that would be on him being a BC boy.

I thought he was actually a pretty good player for what he was, but the team and fans always seemed to want him to do the things he wasn't good at.  I thought he got a bit of a bum wrap in Van.  He would never have been a hall of famer, but he had a great post up game and was a decent rebounder.  They didn't play to his strengths at all.

42 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I don't think thats fair to say. Nash didn't truly break out until his 5th year in the NBA, plus you have to take into account the added pressure that would be on him being a BC boy.

i think it is totally fair

i was a paying fan at the time

the team chose to take a stupid risk on francis

but would not take a more calculated risk on nash

the talent evaluation by grizz management was questionable throughout the team's stay in vancouver

8 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

I'm writing a documentary called finding Loui. But you cant blame Francis he said prior to the draft dont draft me i wont play for you and what did they do they drafted him. I would have taken Baron Davis or NBA Legend Meta World Peace haha. 

yes you can, rookies don't get any say into where they play until they are a free agent. Until then you shut up and do your job. The team has to draft who they think the best player is. &^@# Steve Francis. Him and the rest of the mopers on the grizzlies. Some were decent tho like Sharif. Bibby probably didn't like it here but I didn't hear him say $&!# either.

Archived