The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Updated) Stevens fired - Which GM gets fired first this season?

MikeBossy

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Bill Peters. Good coach. Flames aren't the same without Ferlund. That kid is ripping it up in Carolina. Dumb to trade the kid. 

Disagree with the classless way he handled Eddie Lack.  While he might be a good personality fit with the dirtbags on the Flames, his reign in Calgary did little to suggest he belongs in the NHL as a head coach.

33 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Disagree with the classless way he handled Eddie Lack.  While he might be a good personality fit with the dirtbags on the Flames, his reign in Calgary did little to suggest he belongs in the NHL as a head coach.

No kidding. That was brutal how he called out Lack. Peters is highly regarded among his peers and at the international stage. He's  won at a lot of levels. Do I know if he has the Flames playing as a team? Or any insight into his coaching? Not at all. Something is amiss in Calgary. They have talent, but they dont seem like they want to make the effort to do the little things it takes to win. Just a hunch but I think it starts with Johnny Hockey. I think he goes to bed at night looking at his stat line. Just a hunch.

6 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Yeo is the low hanging fruit since he called himself out.

Todd Mclellan should go too. The Edmonton radio guys are hilariously thinking that things will just work out organically...and bashing the Canucks being too good to be true start.

Lol I live in Edmonton and was amazed to hear how many people are happy with their start - a team with McDavid should not be just above .500 haha

11 hours ago, rekker said:

No kidding. That was brutal how he called out Lack. Peters is highly regarded among his peers and at the international stage. He's  won at a lot of levels. Do I know if he has the Flames playing as a team? Or any insight into his coaching? Not at all. Something is amiss in Calgary. They have talent, but they dont seem like they want to make the effort to do the little things it takes to win. Just a hunch but I think it starts with Johnny Hockey. I think he goes to bed at night looking at his stat line. Just a hunch.

Jordie Benn of the Habs cross checked JH from behind into the boards. Oh, and nobody from the Flamers lifted a finger to protect their star. 

Ironic that this happened only a few days after the hit on EP40. All the Cowgary fans that dissed the Canucks had to stfu. Too bad that puke Eric Francis didn’t run a contest to come up with a name for the hit that laid JH out.

My take is that the Flames are uncoachable. @justplayinfor a paycheque

Archived