The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brazil election 2018: far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro wins presidential vote

thejazz97

4 hours ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Then on the left you have people advocating sex changes for children, etc.. Can't win either way.

Sorry, but what?

Can you show me who is advocating for children to have sex changes.  I'd like to read this material.

In the meantime I will review the tape of this joke telling a woman to her face she was too ugly to rape

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, King Heffy said:

Wow.  @aeromotacanucks probably has some insight here.  I'm sure Trump will get along great with this piece of garbage; they have so much in common.

1st Bolsonaro is not "Garbage" is a change, Haddad was basically a puppet of Lula (who is in Jail BTW)

2nd Brazilians including myself want a change, 16 years of ultra-left government that only gave Brazil HUGE amounts of debts

3rd Bolsonaro looks like Trump but he isn´t. he´s actually a former military and his vice-presidente is also from the military. Brazilians really respect the military

4th Bolsonaro won in 4 of 5 regions on Brazil. you cannot beat this

5 hours ago, aeromotacanucks said:

1st Bolsonaro is not "Garbage" is a change, Haddad was basically a puppet of Lula (who is in Jail BTW)

2nd Brazilians including myself want a change, 16 years of ultra-left government that only gave Brazil HUGE amounts of debts

3rd Bolsonaro looks like Trump but he isn´t. he´s actually a former military and his vice-presidente is also from the military. Brazilians really respect the military

4th Bolsonaro won in 4 of 5 regions on Brazil. you cannot beat this

It's all the same.

Any time you go too far in one direction, you get corruption, anarchy, destruction. Too far left or too far right. 

Bolsonaro isn't going to be any better for Brazil. Nice to hope, but it sure looks like the Brazilians are in for some more longterm pain. 

Wanted change? Should've found a centrist. But emotions go wild and a centrist doesn't evoke stong emotional feelings, meaning little chance of getting votes. 

Brazil has been bent over but instead of standing up, Brazil just decided to bend over in the other direction. 

31 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

It's all the same.

Any time you go too far in one direction, you get corruption, anarchy, destruction. Too far left or too far right. 

Bolsonaro isn't going to be any better for Brazil. Nice to hope, but it sure looks like the Brazilians are in for some more longterm pain. 

Wanted change? Should've found a centrist. But emotions go wild and a centrist doesn't evoke stong emotional feelings, meaning little chance of getting votes. 

Brazil has been bent over but instead of standing up, Brazil just decided to bend over in the other direction. 

So much of this. Centrism is like the least glamorous yet the most useful position in life. 

This actually reminds me quite a bit of the American election in 2016. There were basically 2 unappealing choices: An outspoken, controversial candidate, who "tells it like it is" and a "same old, same old" candidate who was flawed enough that people just couldn't bring themselves to vote for him.

So Brazilians voted for "change", which is pretty much what the US did. The "swamp" was going to be drained....it was going to be out with the political establishment and in with "straight talking", "shoot from the hip" tough guys, who had the balls to call women "ugly", dehumanize immigrants and ridicule the less fortunate.

Aero might not think Bolsonaro resembles Trump, but from what I can see, there are a ton of parallels. And just look at how well it's working out for America.

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This actually reminds me quite a bit of the American election in 2016. There were basically 2 unappealing choices: An outspoken, controversial candidate, who "tells it like it is" and a "same old, same old" candidate who was flawed enough that people just couldn't bring themselves to vote for him.

So Brazilians voted for "change", which is pretty much what the US did. The "swamp" was going to be drained....it was going to be out with the political establishment and in with "straight talking", "shoot from the hip" tough guys, who had the balls to call women "ugly", dehumanize immigrants and ridicule the less fortunate.

Aero might not think Bolsonaro resembles Trump, but from what I can see, there are a ton of parallels. And just look at how well it's working out for America.

He actually makes trump look human, Trump is penned in by the legislative branches of the US government 

Bolsonaro...isn't.  He's far more overtly racist, bigoted and open to destroying the environment, human rights and Brazils image.

Just now, Warhippy said:

He actually makes trump look human, Trump is penned in by the legislative branches of the US government 

Bolsonaro...isn't.  He's far more overtly racist, bigoted and open to destroying the environment, human rights and Brazils image.

I agree. However, I stand by my assertion that the rationale for people voting for both are/were much the same....

Ok on the light side...

Next time you from USA call Trump an "inhumane person" remember...

Brazil elected a guy directly from the military who openly defends torture against criminals and was pretty much cheered like a God for this...

Eh. Brazil needs a guy like Bolsonaro, plus the other candidates sucked anyway...

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As far as image goes not so well but economically they're doing well. Hell interest rates are getting raised because growth is unsustainable. 

I didn't think Trump would win a second term but now I don't know. Will most Americans care if they're working and or getting richer?

2 hours ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Ok on the light side...

Next time you from USA call Trump an "inhumane person" remember...

Brazil elected a guy directly from the military who openly defends torture against criminals and was pretty much cheered like a God for this...

Eh. Brazil needs a guy like Bolsonaro, plus the other candidates sucked anyway...

Nobody ever said Brazilians were normal. :P

Anyway I don't mind torturing isis or similar groups but if a dictator decides who is a criminal then can we know for sure that person is a criminal?

Archived