The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Auston Matthews to miss at least 4 weeks

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Auston Matthews to miss at least 4 weeks
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

"at least 4 weeks" isn't good with a shoulder. 

Kyle, pick up the low lying fruit, Gagner is right there..... 

I hope Benning takes full advantage of the situation. And that Tavares whispers in Dubas' ear about how solid of a player his buddy Sam is.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope Benning takes full advantage of the situation. And that Tavares whispers in Dubas' ear about how solid of a player his buddy Sam is.

I'm joking but only 1/2. It actually makes some sense if Jim retains salary. 

Tough break for TOR, but like others here may feel, I have no sympathy for that team and fanbase (includes media). I hope Nylander really sticks it to them, maybe him and his agent blocking their calls lol. Yes, Gagner is already, sort of, with the Leafs organization. I'd loved to see a trade of some kind. 

With the amount of injuries that is going on, it's obvious that the player's equipment is no longer effective in the current NHL, with the amount of technology around these days, isn't there a way they could prioritize developing better protective equipment?

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tough break for TOR, but like others here may feel, I have no sympathy for that team and fanbase (includes media). I hope Nylander really sticks it to them, maybe him and his agent blocking their calls lol. Yes, Gagner is already, sort of, with the Leafs organization. I'd loved to see a trade of some kind. 

It would likely have to be a 1/2 salary retained deal, at that price they could bury most of Gagner's contract back in the AHL if need be. I'd be happy if we got TO's 3rd round pick for that tbh. 

Matthews is a really good player.  It was a clean, and hard check that got him.  But Matthews was driving to the net, like he naturally does.  I hate the Leafs (as we all should) but Matthews is actually a players I like to watch.  He plays a hard game.  

As for Nylander, I read he’s got a deal in place in the KHL if the Leafs don’t buck-up.  

We don’t Liljegrin.  He’s no good.  Plays soft.  

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don’t think the Leafs want Gagner.  I think they have some young guy - Johansson? - to take Matthews’ place.  

Archived