The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Auston Matthews to miss at least 4 weeks

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

We DoN't NeEd DeFeNsE wE hAvE mAtH-

We HaVe TaVaReS

Really though, nothing against Matthews but I've got zero sympathy for that franchise and fanbase

After all those years of making fun of the Sedins they’re lucky Matthews isn’t out longer. 

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

TSN is going to reschedule their present broadcasting to ensure they have a 24 hour feed chronicling Matthews' rehab.

"This just in,Mathews has been reported to have gone into the lavatory, unassisted. No word on whether it was 1 or 2, film at 11, back to you Nick.."

Shocking. Figured the league had a 'no-hit clause' for all opponents of the Fleas. Being their sacred, golden cash cow. Seems the biggest, most solid check I've seen one of their key guys take in yrs.

Is Trouba my new fav star?

Be interesting to see that cast have to deal with the slew of injuries we always seem to run into. Perhaps their HFboards fan-gang would be less arrogant, high & mighty?

C'mon Nylander..head to Russia!!!

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

Advantage Nylander.

Essentially, Matthews isn't coming back until about the deadline date for a Nylander extension (Dec. 1st). So for the extra time Dubas thought he had, suddenly this amps up the pressure.

With no training camp and about three weeks of regular season play Nylander may have hurt his stock. We will know by mid November if he will put up the numbers to make a case for a big payday. 

Too bad he's injured again this year.  It was fun watching the Leafs play. 

Great young team to watch for those of us who watch out of market hockey and not just the Canucks. 

This is the 3rd year in a row he'll miss significant time with injuries. 

This injury will put him out of the scoring race and as a hockey fan this is a significant loss for my entertainment.  

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

Advantage Nylander.

Essentially, Matthews isn't coming back until about the deadline date for a Nylander extension (Dec. 1st). So for the extra time Dubas thought he had, suddenly this amps up the pressure.

Puck Perfect? :)

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Too bad he's injured again this year.  It was fun watching the Leafs play. 

Great young team to watch for those of us who watch out of market hockey and not just the Canucks. 

This is the 3rd year in a row he'll miss significant time with injuries. 

This injury will put him out of the scoring race and as a hockey fan this is a significant loss for my entertainment.  

Ya not for me. Wish no harm on the players. But hate the Leafs and love watching them.....when they are losing. Which will hopefully happen early this post season. 

Archived