The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gangster Whitey Bulger (The Departed) Killed in Prison

DonLever

12 hours ago, DonLever said:

Interesting to note his brother, William Bulger, was a Democratic State Senator in Massachusetts and President of University of Massachusetts for decades,

Here is the classic tale of 2 brothers.  Good vs  Evil.  One turned out to be the bad seed while the other did good deeds.  Curious what they talked about during family gatherings.

On the other hand, it just shows what the thin line is between crooks and politicians.

Look up the history of Al Capone's "other brother" who had a fairly distinguised military career (rising to the rank of leutenant) and sheriff after WWI (fighting bootleggers of all people!).  Yeah, he wasn't completely a boy scout but nevertheless "Two Gun Hart" had an interesting life.

18 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Apparently, Buldger hated his portrayal in Black Mass. Maybe a nice kick in the balls to one of the biggest pieces of $&!# out there. I liked both The Departed and Black Mass, though I thought Black Mass was better.

Haven't seen the movie (Infernal Affairs) that the movie The Departed was based on but I hear it was a superior film.  I'll have to get to watching it one of these days.

According to the report below, Bulger's alleged killer was a mob hitman who tried to rip out his tongue as well:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/us/whitey-bulger-prison-attackers-tried-to-remove-tongue/index.html

Obviously I'm shedding no tears for a violent lunatic like Bulger but it's absolutely baffling that he ended up in general population. 

8 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

According to the report below, Bulger's alleged killer was a mob hitman who tried to rip out his tongue as well:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/us/whitey-bulger-prison-attackers-tried-to-remove-tongue/index.html

Obviously I'm shedding no tears for a violent lunatic like Bulger but it's absolutely baffling that he ended up in general population. 

I read somewhere he was beaten with a lock in a sock.

8 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Not baffling, setup. 

15 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Dude those jerseys in your sig are hideous 

Certainly not the best alternative design of the Canuck jerseys I've seen people design. I like the fact they used the old C (Stick and rink logo) and then Johnny Canuck. So when I saw them I threw them in my sig. Maybe time for an update??

Hideous, I'm not sure? Opinions are sort of like a-holes, everyone's got one.

On 2018-11-02 at 1:19 PM, TheCammer said:

Certainly not the best alternative design of the Canuck jerseys I've seen people design. I like the fact they used the old C (Stick and rink logo) and then Johnny Canuck. So when I saw them I threw them in my sig. Maybe time for an update??

Hideous, I'm not sure? Opinions are sort of like a-holes, everyone's got one.

I think our current jersey without the word mark would look awesome. Those jerseys in your sig look like ugly practice jerseys. 

BqdjkCoyWq6dcGcgHBkh7huHGLLMo52lAweBp4vg

On 11/3/2018 at 8:37 PM, morrissex95 said:

I think our current jersey without the word mark would look awesome. Those jerseys in your sig look like ugly practice jerseys. 

BqdjkCoyWq6dcGcgHBkh7huHGLLMo52lAweBp4vg

I would prefer if we would lose the Orca but I agree that removing the wordmark works for me on this jersey. Much cleaner looking

Archived